Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2001, 06:22 PM   #111
Charean
Hathor

So you think I could shoot my second husband, eh? RD... sheese... I am wounded... And Ramon, you don't think so... hmmm....

Here is the rest of the story...

My second husband, Matt, was a sharpshooter. Was really pretty impressive with any gun... me? Scared to death of them. (No exposure to them growing up) One day he came home with a BB gun and set up practice in the living room.
I watched him for a while, hitting the target and enjoying himself... and then he looked over at me and asked if I wanted to try.
I demurred.
Took a while, but he finally got the thing in my hand, and sat down on the couch on my left to watch me. So, I was looking at this gun across my lap and the thing went off and hit Matt in the knee.

My first reaction was horror!! "Are you okay?" I asked panicked.

He looked at his knee, and then at me - and said, "You shot me. You shot me in the knee." Totally deadpan.

I am freaking out.

Then something gave him away. He lifted up his shorts and there wasn't a mark on him. Nothing.

He looked at me again, deadpan. "I can't believe you shot me."

That is when I lost it... I was laughing so hard I literally fell off the couch and just about busted a rib from mirth. He started carrying on to make me laugh harder... for about 20 minutes he made me laugh so hard, breathing was almost impossible...

All for absolutely not a scratch, bruise or any evidence of ever being hit by anything other than a paperball....

Yes, I shot him, but it was an accident... this is my story and I am sticking to it.

(By the way - yes, we are STILL FRIENDS!!! LOL)
(And no, I have never touched a gun since!)

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 06-17-2001, 06:38 PM   #112
Lioness
Jack Burton

LOL, Charean! I luv it!
My story...OK, here goes...I was born on a dark and stormy night, in a cavern on the side of a cliff, somewhere in the cold, blue North. My mother was an Eskimo woman and my father was the Prince of Prussia. I was raised by wolves and lived with them until the age of 13, not knowing my true identity. Then, one day, a helicopter appeared above my cave, and out of it fell the one thing I had longed for all my life, my key to success, my only hope for the future...(drumroll please)...A LAPTOP(or labtop?) And this is how I came to be huddled in a cave in the middle of a blizzard, chatting away at Ironworks.

so...you decide...truth or trash?

------------------
Old 06-17-2001, 07:55 PM   #113
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:

(And no, I have never touched a gun since!)

Jo that's probably a GOOD thing!

KiwiDoc, you can't convince me that you were ever shy! I refuse to believe it.
Not in a million years!

Oh, BTW you all are right. It was true. Yes my marriage did survive, though every time I start a fire, my wife asks me if I opened the flue. We have survived 13 years and she ain't killed me yet. Though lord knows she's probably had ample oportunity and reason.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?

[This message has been edited by Sir Taliesin (edited 06-17-2001).]
Old 06-17-2001, 08:01 PM   #114
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Here's another one. When my unit was activated to go to Desert Storm, my wife was the one who told me.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 06-17-2001, 08:19 PM   #115
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
LOL, Charean! I luv it!
My story...OK, here goes...I was born on a dark and stormy night, in a cavern on the side of a cliff, somewhere in the cold, blue North. My mother was an Eskimo woman and my father was the Prince of Prussia. I was raised by wolves and lived with them until the age of 13, not knowing my true identity. Then, one day, a helicopter appeared above my cave, and out of it fell the one thing I had longed for all my life, my key to success, my only hope for the future...(drumroll please)...A LAPTOP(or labtop?) And this is how I came to be huddled in a cave in the middle of a blizzard, chatting away at Ironworks.

so...you decide...truth or trash?

False! But definetly not trash, very nice. Hi Lioness!

O.K. I shall display if it's o.k.
Two tries.

1.)Once, at Borobudur, I was stalked by a madman with
a wallet full of cash, a crazy look in his eyes, and a very threatening manner. The situation deteriorated into fisticuffs.

2.)Once, on the side of a steep cliffside logging road in the heart of the Kokanee Valley, I lost my sanity for a short time just after driving a van
into the precarious position of having two wheels hanging over a doom like precipice.

Old 06-17-2001, 11:43 PM   #116
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Here's my story:
In 1989 I went on a holiday to NZ with a female friend, as part of a tour group. At that point in time she was just that - a friend, nothing more. I was wooing her, but she was kinda uncommital. I thought this vacation would be a great opportunity to get to know her better and I was amazed she agreed to go with me.
Anyway, we had about 3 days to spare in Queenstown and decided to go white-water rafting along the Shotover River. Well, the day before we got to Queenstown it had been raining, apparently. So the Shotover was swollen due to the runoff from the mountains. We were in this raft and all went well until we got to last rapid before the disembarkation point.
The raft must had hit something, 'cos the end of the raft (where my friend and I were seated) got flipped and we, together with the guide and another couple, got tossed into the river.
The river was cold, despite the wetsuits we were wearing. I saw my friend floudering in the water, panicked. Somehow I made my way to her, and managed to grab hold of her arm. In between dunkings (the torrent of water was fierce) and the roar of the rapids I managed to calm her down enough not to further endanger herself and we floated downstream (as we were instructed to do in the case of an emergency) to calmer waters where we were picked up by other rafts.
My friend was shivering uncontrollably, and was probably starting to get hypothermia. The raft company sent us back to our hotel where I drew a hot bath for her, unceremoniously stripped off all her clothes, and plonked her in the water to warm her up.
After that incident she was grateful for 'saving her life' as she put it, and she married me!

True of False?

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 06-17-2001, 11:59 PM   #117
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Hayashi - I believe you. I worked in Timaru which is a couple of hours drive from Queenstown and my mates used to go through 4 canoes and 3 rafts a summer on the Shotover. It is a very tricky river and loads of the rafts flip, but like they say just go with the flow and you will be OK.

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-18-2001, 12:06 AM   #118
Charean
Hathor

Lioness... way trash!

Sir Taliesin ... TRUE! Been known to happen.

Hayashi ... has to be truth..

Djinn Raffo ... guessing they are both true... too weird not to be

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 06-18-2001, 12:14 AM   #119
Moni

While I have a few minutes before bedtime I want to say that I have enjoyed your all's stories!

What funny & touching truths, what absolutely wonderful trash!

Here's a short one (from me I know LOL)!

I was in a bus station once and there was an old black man wearing a tuxedo sitting next to me on the bench while I waited for my bus.
He pulled a crisp one hundred dollar bill out of his pocket, rolled it up, stuck it between his lips and proceeded to light it with a book of matches and smoke it like a cigarette.

Truth or trash?

Moni

------------------

Old 06-18-2001, 12:22 AM   #120
Moni

...To cast my votes (gotta take notes with my memory LOL)

Sir Taliesin Desert Storm~TRUTH

Djinn Raffo both are true...(I have seen the second happen to myself once!)

Hayashi~TRUTH...only false if you are still single.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-18-2001).]