Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-31-2001, 01:14 AM   #311
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Gadz, this old Kensai has taken far too many dents on the old noggin, I really must reaquire my spelling skills...Sheesh!
Yes dear LadyRae, I received your e-mail and thank you
Smitten by LadyRae
Old 03-31-2001, 01:15 AM   #312
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Re your previous post: Tobbs, your ex was definitely not a Romantic and I can't believe you went to all that trouble to show her you cared and she didn't appreciate it!

And re- the one above: You'd need a pass to the local gym if I fed you for every thing that needs fixing doing around here! LOL That and I suspect you'd run screaming from the neighborhood after a few days because I can think of things I'd LIKE to do long before they need doing...(chuckle). Want to double dig a garden patch in clay soil, fix a slightly un-level shed and snap my gutter-guards in place and find out whether there are mice in my walls, before taking the carpet steamer apart to see why it flows so slowly? Uh, for starters?

CB, checking her recipe cards

I've found that aeraeting ground in clay first helps. Grout is good for sheds, Haven't done any gutter work, but I'm sure I could figure something out there. As for the carpet steamer, last one I worked on had a clogged up filter, but I'm sure you've changed that already. Using a hose to back flush the system can help sometimes too. As for the mice in the walls, I don't think you should have to worry about that if you have cats. What I would worry about is roaches (I've never trusted anyplace since I went to an apartment complex with my ex and opened a cabinet and a LITERAL swarm of roaches just POURED out. Reminds me of that movie CreepShow. Jeez.) You can kinda tell about mice cause they will usually leave stuff that you can find (though it is really small most of the time).

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-31-2001, 01:19 AM   #313
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Friend Tobbin it sounds like you and I had very similar problems in selecting women. As long as I spent all my time, attention and money on pleasing them, they didn't mind if I went threadbare. Heh!
Smitten by LadyRae
Old 03-31-2001, 01:20 AM   #314
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
Aw, Tobbs... I think the key word here is ex! I for one think she didn't deserve you! Jeesh! I would love it if someone went to all that trouble for me

Well, she was much different BEFORE we got married. I should have thought more about it when she was saying that marriages changed people. She was this princess who was sweet and loving before we got married, and then she turned into the *itch from hell. Anything I did, she would come up with some reason how fu**ed up I was. Our money problems were my fault (I'll admit to some of that as when we first got married, I had a decent job with long hours and my ex made an ultimatum that I either leave the job or stay with her and I stayed with her - My choice). But I believe in the old school of thought. Once you are married, you should do everything to keep it going. I stayed in there as long as I could. I figured that once things settled down that she would be cool and everything would work out. Oh well, live and learn.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-31-2001, 01:22 AM   #315
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Ugh! I sat down in my bathroom in this apartment I lived in with my ex and about a thousand flies swarmed of the light fixture. Turns out the people upstairs hadn't bothered throwing their baby's diapers away for months and the maggots were coming through their floor (our cieling). There were hundred of them (along with the flies) all over the floor! I litteraly screamed! Still makes me shudder. UGH!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 03-31-2001, 01:24 AM   #316
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just popping in for a quick hello and good-bye. Rae, I did post an invite on its on on the board for those who don't frequent the Inn. . .. a toned down version. And BTW, BK started that stuff about you firing us for fraternizing. Check out my sig.

Tobbin: it is always so good to see you. We don't talk much, but you've always been there to help me if I've needed it.

Can't wait till tomorrow night!

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death O_H_F
Lady in Waiting (the question is waiting for what?)
Yes, I do get cold. That is why I need someone to warm me up.
No, I did not lose the rest of my outfit!
Does anyone feel a draft or is it me?
Official Party Planner of the Moon's Hope Inn
Does this make me a party girl?

Old 03-31-2001, 01:26 AM   #317
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Reeka! You rock! Um, if you noticed in your post, I gave you a pay raise?

------------------
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 03-31-2001, 01:26 AM   #318
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
Friend Tobbin it sounds like you and I had very similar problems in selecting women. As long as I spent all my time, attention and money on pleasing them, they didn't mind if I went threadbare. Heh!
Smitten by LadyRae
Well, I don't want it to seem like I'm saying that she was very materialistic. She never asked me for anything. I think it all really stemmed down that she really wanted to get away from home and I was a convenient excuse. The threadbare part came up cause we didn't have any money. LOL. True story here too, but I was so poor that I wasn't eating enough and I lost A LOT of weight. So much in fact that my wedding ring fell off when I was working one day. Never did find it. We had these charms though that we used as wedding vows. Neclaces that were a broken heart. I wore one part, she the other. It had a name to it, but I can't remember what it's called now. Shortly after we split, I took it off and gave it to her. That's when she knew that I had truly given up. Cause I never took it off. NEVER.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-31-2001, 01:31 AM   #319
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

So much hurt people who supposedly love us cause... I used to wonder if you can really ever get over it, but now I know that if you live it through and not let yourself bury it away, that you truly do heal. *SIGH* Sometimes this can be too much and you wonder where the strength will come from.

------------------
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 03-31-2001, 01:33 AM   #320
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Gadz man sounds like what I went through. I worked two full time jobs so that I could shower her with everything she wanted, was it good enough for her? Of course not. I finally worked myself into a case of pneumonia that almost killed me. I'm one of those guys who wont go to a doc unless I can't walk, which I couldn't. I should have known it was bad, I lost 36 pounds in one week. I finally woke up one morning having hallucinations, I tried to get out of bed to get ready for work and collapsed on the floor. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get up, so I called to her and told her that I might need to go to the doctor. Heh, when he saw me he about s*it. He asked me 'How long have you been like this'? I told him 'I didn't feel this bad until this morning'. He said 'Bull shite' Took me three months to recover, and my dear sweet loving wife started b*tching at me after four days. She said, 'Don't you think you need to get back to work'! Here I am dragging myself accross the floor on my belly, having to stop every few feet out of exhaustion before moving again and she's b*tching at me to go back to work. Did she bother to help me get around. Nahhh. Needless to say, what remaining love I had for her went out the window!
Smitten by LadyRae