Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2003, 08:44 PM   #1
motub
The Magister

OK, I've started a new game, and just outside of Seyda Neen are these nutsy, shirtless balding Redguard rogues scattered about the area, who attack me on sight hand-to-hand, are very fast and impossible to hit, and drain my fatigue until I'm dead. At this point, I can't even get to the Silt Strider without getting attacked.

I'm pretty sure they're part of a mod (I have quite a few mods), but I've turned off (I think) everything that might be generating them, and they are still there.

Does anybody happen to know which particular mod they are a part of? I'm good and sick of these guys, and I am not so much in the mood to turn all my mods off and then turn them back on one by one to see which one it is. Though obviously I will do this if I have no other choice.

Thanks for any help.
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:43 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
What mods do you have, and which ones are still active?

for reference, the only files that should be active for no mods should be
Morrowind.esm
Tribunal.esm
Bloodmoon.esm ? (not sure about this one, I only have up to Tribunal)

[ 12-13-2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:27 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yes, you should only have Morrowind, Tribunal, and Bloodmoon with an X in that little box. You might have a lot of mods/save files, so see if you can scroll down to find anything else.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 07:00 AM   #4
motub
The Magister

Thank you both, but I know that. My point was that I want to use most of these mods (Pretty Faces, Book Rotate, Multi-teleport, various potion, scroll and armor fixes, a couple of house mods, and probably as many quest mods as don't conflict with other mods).

I thought I had turned off all quest mods (which are usually the ones that would add NPCs like this), but I was still seeing them. Turned out that I hadn't got all the quest mods, but turning all the mods off got rid of the NPCs, and turning the two quest mods back on that I had missed turning off when I originally posted did not respawn them, so either it's a bug or it's a different mod that is responsible.

If somebody happened to know which particular mod generated these (maybe because they recognized the description or had made the mod that added them), then I could just turn that one off. As it is, I've had to turn all mods off, then load a save to confirm that the NPCs were gone, exit, restart, turn on one mod, load a save to see if they came back, if not, exit, restart, turn on another mod, load a save to see if they came back, if not, exit, restart, turn on one mod..... ad nauseum.

Which is what I'm doing now. Not fun.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:05 AM   #5
Seraph
Quintesson

Why don't you just load the mods in the construction set?
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:08 AM   #6
motub
The Magister

Two reasons:

One, don't understand the first thing about reading or using the construction set, except to update plugins when the main .esms have been patched.

Two, loading and saving plugins in TES is ridiculously slow and CPU intensive for some reason (to the extent that I can't even switch windows and play Solitaire while I'm loading the plugins).

So I pretty much try to avoid it, but how could I use it to simplify this process?
Old 12-15-2003, 12:51 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Since you just started a new game and encounter those things. you might as well uninstall your game and then reinstall it. Thus your game will be a clean one.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 04:40 AM   #8
motub
The Magister

Yes, that's what I'm doing, but thanks for confirming that it's a good idea.