Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-28-2001, 10:28 AM   #1
heatburst
Welcomed New User

When I try to enter it through the sewers alot of guys attack me, and I can't win the battle. It's too hard. So I was wondering if I could enter through the front entrance. But the front entrance is locked. Any idea where the key is?

Old 10-28-2001, 10:43 AM   #2
dulouz
Manshoon

i would recommend using a few Hold Person spells to make the immediate danger a little less. That, or Web/Entanglement spells. Although with those last two, your characters can be affected as well. Summon a few creatures, even if they are just level 1 monsters. Just to draw attention away from you characters. Good luck

Dulouz.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:20 AM   #3
ReGiN

Quote:
Originally posted by heatburst:
When I try to enter it through the sewers alot of guys attack me, and I can't win the battle. It's too hard. So I was wondering if I could enter through the front entrance. But the front entrance is locked. Any idea where the key is?

HOWDY AND WELCOME!!!!

And you have to kill these guys to finish the quest.
A TIP: use lots of area affected spells, such as stinking cloud or something.
And of course, lots of hold, feeblemind, that sort of thing

------------------

I saw the movie, but I didn't think the action scenes were THAT good.

Old 10-28-2001, 11:20 AM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by heatburst:

Take care of the spellcaster in the middle first. Summon some
critters near the Captain (right side). Stinking cloud works good
here. (just cast it far enough away.) The most important thing
you can do is prepare BEFORE you enter. Cast haste, defensive
harmony, bless, whatever you have and then go through the entrance.

Good luck.

Welcome to the board

------------------
If things got any better, I'd be twins.

[This message has been edited by Mitro Jellywadder (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 06:27 AM   #5
Kezardin
Elminster

heatburst,

in these early battles, the composition of your party can make a big difference - having two mages and two good fighters/tanks come in handy in this particular conflict.

Enemy spellcasters, whether mages or clerics, should get priority. With two of your own spellslingers, you can have one cast magic missile at the slaver cleric (to keep him busy ), while the second readies an area spell like fireball or cloudkill.

Meanwhile move your tanks out *slightly* from the party (one towards the captain, the other towards the upper left) to act as blockers and to attract enemy fire.

Try to have every member of your party equipped with good missile weapons (sling +1, composite long bow, tuigan bow etc) as you'll want to stay out of the area you'll be throwing spells but will still want to infilct damage.

If necessary, change the autopause features to suit your needs - this can stop the action and let you assess the battle to see whats going on - and use the space bar often, if needed.

And stoneskin your mages before the combat

Kez