Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-27-2001, 12:44 AM   #1
crymson77
Manshoon

Running and evil "party" that should say. Anyway, I've figured out how do things that good characters would dissaprove of, or in my case complete mutiny. Heres an example. I was down in the under dark, I told the little dark gnome that it was a mistake to tell me he had the sun gem, and I was going to kill him and take it... Boo did not like this. So it just me and Korgan there to fight, against aerie, minsc, jaheria, and mazzy, and of course that dumb little dark gome. Sufice it to say, they made short work of us.... Who needs them anyway. Its never happened to me before, but I guess I never tried running an evil champaign before.

Hers what I figured out though... Of course I had quick saved right before this. So I walk my party out side the room too where we cant see the little jerk anymore. I take myself and korgan back in. We go through the whole shpeel again, and I tell him im taking the gem again. He of course doesnt like this. His circle turns from blue to red and the fight insues... And as for the good characters out side, well they didnt see any of it and I was then able to bring them in to help me kill they same damned little sevibling, or what ever you call them, that they wanted no part of before. It works in most situations. This is how you run an evil campain with good characters.. What they dont see wont hurt them, right?

[This message has been edited by crymson77 (edited 09-27-2001).]
Old 09-27-2001, 04:27 AM   #2
Rikard

But why take the evil path?
the good path is more beneficial in this case

------------------

I'm Watching you...

Old 09-27-2001, 04:34 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

you have guts! next time just remember strike first if things go wrong...
Old 09-27-2001, 04:41 AM   #4
crymson77
Manshoon

"Why Take The Evil Path you ask?"

First of all that was just one example where I tried it out. I didn't actully go through with it because I wanted the expereince. But as to my point of running an evil champaign. There are times when it benifical. For example, killing the silver dragon to get that human flesh armor. If its good enough for Korgan its good enough for me. Its not like a care about the armor its the fact that its a mission I havent completed. Some has to do the dirty work ya know... =) If it shows up in my quest section, it is going to eventually show up in my done quests section. Thats just the way it is. I have other reasons for running an evil champaign as well. For instance, I've already done the goody goody thing. Not to mention the fact that I've Walked through TOB and SOA twice now. I'm trying to keep it interesting. Its like after youve been married for a long time, I'm just trying to spice things up a bit. I run with a dirrerent crew these days. Thier happier with a low rep, and they dont mind doing the dirty work, to get the good items.

Old 09-27-2001, 07:31 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

An evil party can be a lot of fun, as long as you play to your alignment. You may need to manage your rep to make sure that you don't get too mindlessly evil (like an orc, for example). When you think evil, think Jarlaxle Baenre, think Elaith Craulnober, think Fzoul Chembryl - and be intelligent with your evilness. Unless, of course, you are roleplaying an orc.

------------------
Old 09-27-2001, 01:08 PM   #6
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by crymson77:
"Why Take The Evil Path you ask?"

First of all that was just one example where I tried it out. I didn't actully go through with it because I wanted the expereince. But as to my point of running an evil champaign. There are times when it benifical. For example, killing the silver dragon to get that human flesh armor. If its good enough for Korgan its good enough for me. Its not like a care about the armor its the fact that its a mission I havent completed. Some has to do the dirty work ya know... =) If it shows up in my quest section, it is going to eventually show up in my done quests section. Thats just the way it is. I have other reasons for running an evil champaign as well. For instance, I've already done the goody goody thing. Not to mention the fact that I've Walked through TOB and SOA twice now. I'm trying to keep it interesting. Its like after youve been married for a long time, I'm just trying to spice things up a bit. I run with a dirrerent crew these days. Thier happier with a low rep, and they dont mind doing the dirty work, to get the good items.

I meant why take the evil part if you are good and in that case it's more benificial to be good
and as far as i know evil people want to have money
thus the good path

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 09-28-2001, 12:13 AM   #7
crymson77
Manshoon

again, like I said. I am evil... This time.. I have some good party members... They are useful... and again I say, I have ran a good champain on two separate ocassions. Been there done that. I have ran good campagins, and now i'm not. I took the good route for the experience, even though I'm an evil character. You know what... I said all this before.. I dont know how else to put it. I'm not sure you have been reading what I've been saying, either that or perhaps my communication skills are lacking...

[This message has been edited by crymson77 (edited 09-28-2001).]
Old 09-28-2001, 12:21 AM   #8
crymson77
Manshoon

And one more thing... My point is how you can keep good party members in your party while committing competley evil acts... There in lie the confusion? Maybe... And have I mentioned that My character is evil yet...
Old 09-28-2001, 03:21 AM   #9
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Just keep doing it the way you're doing - hide the nasty stuff from the good guys to avoid fights - you DO know, though, that you have to watch your rep - if it reaches 2, the good guys will leave your party. And the neutrals split at rep 1. And by that point you're already going to have a hell of a time dealing with the Cowled Wizards or Knights anyway... though I've heard that they yield a lot of XP if you can manage to waste them every time they show up I've heard that some players have attempted to exterminate the entire population of Athkatla! Don't know how far you can get but it sounds hilarious. I don't have the heart to kill innocents, personally...
Old 09-28-2001, 06:10 AM   #10
Zbyszek

I dont know if this is similar (I mean evil action) but I noticed that sometimes NPC prevent you (or just complain) from some action because it is bad or sth. In that case I dont remove them but just keep far far away so they can not see. If they not see will not react. I mean in some cases then your party NPC can take part in your conversation only if they are close enough. For example there are two things just at the beginning in Copper Coronet: Aerie complains if you fight in the Arena, but not if she is far away, and Jaheira prevents you from speaking/sleeping with slave prostitute upfloor and not if stays in main hall.