Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Wizardry 8 Forum

Old 07-21-2003, 11:49 PM   #151
SecretMaster
Apophis

Another good XP place is Ascension for high level character (17 and up). The mountain wilderness right next to that in my opinion is recomended for chars 13 and up. I went there at level 10, very challenging, but in 3-4 fights I leveled up.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 12:47 AM   #152
SecretMaster
Apophis

Need money in the beginning of the game. Arnika Community bank is your answer (with that priss B*tch Lorac). Just give her either Antone's, He'li or Fisherwomans card, she'll open up the elevator. Head down, use the cards again to open up designated vaults, then head to the community storage (locks). Be careful, one of the doors has a golemn guarding it, so keep an eye out.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:49 AM   #153
SecretMaster
Apophis

Steal from Antone in the beginning, if your good ( or patient) you'll get Mantis gloves. Very useful.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:56 PM   #154
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Target:
A quick question or two, what are Mantis gloves?? And where can you get a good off-hand weapon for a Samurai?

Cheers
This thread is for tips only so once you find out your answer, plz delete your post.

Mantis gloves are perhaps the best gauntlets you can get, and you get them early on in the game. I forget the AC bonus but you also get +5 or +10 to your dexterity. Get these from Antone as soon as you can or else you'll have to wait all the way till the Rapax Castle to get them
Old 07-30-2003, 11:46 AM   #155
stealthblade78
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When somebody dies, don't waste your money on res. powders, i think it is crock, but somebody sell some amulets of life which let you use resurrection 3x at lv 6!
Old 08-02-2003, 03:35 PM   #156
Rezdude03
Manshoon

dont under estemate hybrids. i just got my samuri to level 5 (summon elemental!) spells. if you stick with spells, they will do an excellant job.

plz forgive my spelling...
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:05 PM   #157
Squigle D'Muerte
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Gagetter's can make the Lava Lamp (hypnotic lure) very early in the game (as soon as you can make it to Tryton) and it can be a HUGE help. I ignored it for a long time to my regret later. I call it the "bug light" since bugs seem to have no resistance to it at all. Trigger in first round and opponents move to it and stop. This allows you to make ranged attackers move right up to your group caster stop casting and can make melee attackers leave or stop attacking. It can occasionally take out the entire force attacking you by stopping virtually everyone from attacking. There is a bug in it so that every 4th opponent will run away from it for 1 turn instead of toward it. But at least it isn't attacking you and it gives you time to deal with it's friends with repeated area/cone of effect spells.

If you have 1 healer and a few "backup healers" (Valkrie, Ninja, Ranger) use the backups to do all the healing after combat and save main healers spell points for next fight. This also trains up your backups without making them miss combat rounds. Main healer will train enough between combat and finishing healing after backups run out of spell points after combat.

CHEAT:
Pathing Bug in game allows you to fight without monsters fighting back (at least it has done it when I have tried it). When you "zone in" to a new area they can't get to you for some reason until you move. So if stuck lead them back to zone in by running during combat until you zone. Heal up and zone back in. They will be a short ways off but unable to close or run away. I haven't tried this everywhere (as I prefer to play straight up) but found this by accident when swamped by opponents immediately after leaving monastery.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:51 AM   #158
ScottG
Drow Warrior

for an editorial of tips try my post here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...;f=15;t=003356
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 10:28 PM   #159
Rezdude03
Manshoon

here's a list of ressurection powder drops early in the game:

1. waterfall in lower monestry.

2. emergency safe in lower monestry.

3. behind the phoonzang sign in arnika. just examine it.

4. not really a drop but in lower marten's bluff the merchant dude (dunno his name) he sells them for only 1800 gold.
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Old 08-13-2003, 11:15 AM   #160
Rezdude03
Manshoon

i actually found that NPCs will respond to "hi" and "die". its kinda funny what some people say.