Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-04-2001, 03:12 PM   #1
cjdevito

I just realized I missed out on a quest from the Priests Guild. Killed the Naga without having been given the quest first, and now am offered the next quest in sequence when I ask for one.

Since the Naga quest gives a guild level, what happens that I didn't do it? When I do the next quest will I jump up two guild levels? Or am I now stuck being unable to reach the maximum guild level in the priest guild?
Old 06-04-2001, 03:31 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, cjdevito!!!

The maximum guild level in any guild is 7. There are more quests in all for each guild than 7 so you will still be able to reach the highest rank, you just may not be able to get there until you reach Brimloch Roon.

Hope that answers your question!

Wyv
Wyvern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 03:34 PM   #3
Bear
Dungeon Master

Also, guild level 7 does not confer any extra benefits
beyond what you already had at guild level 6, so no worries
if you don't make it to guild level 7.

Bear
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 03:44 PM   #4
mdalos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did the same thing you did...finished the Serpent Temple without getting the Naga quest. I thought about it and loaded an old save file and re-did it. It went a lot faster the second time and I got the experience for the quest. Plus, i upped my identify ability so that now I am level 4 in identifying...it seemed worth it to me to do it again.

Michelle
mdalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 11:42 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

This is not the only quest you can miss that way. Beware of Ishad N'Ha's Town Hall:
Quest 1: Kill the werevolf - you will kill him "on fly" when you reach the west areas of the map.
Quest 2: Swith off the bronze nonsense in the Dragon Spire - you must do it if you want to enter the dungeon.
Another quest which you will miss is "Kill the rogue leader east of Brimloch Roon". You lose this quest most probably because you meet the gangster on your way from Dragon Spire to Brimloch Roon - before you get the quest.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 11:51 AM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
This is not the only quest you can miss that way. Beware of Ishad N'Ha's Town Hall:
Quest 2: Swith off the bronze nonsense in the Dragon Spire - you must do it if you want to enter the dungeon.
Another quest which you will miss is "Kill the rogue leader east of Brimloch Roon". You lose this quest most probably because you meet the gangster on your way from Dragon Spire to Brimloch Roon - before you get the quest.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
"Bronze Nonsense"--LOL!! Indeed!

Another thing that is rather annoying is that both Brahmar the Bandit King and Grue Morde are found roughly 100 yards from each other on the Brimloch Roon "road", and you can easily end up fighting both at the same time without realizing it, especially as both of them sense and track your party like the Mantraps do.

On the Guild Quests: a bit of a cheat, but workable: If you want to "catch up", click off the character's portrait to another one while the quest giver is awarding the quest, then click back on. You'll get double XP and 2 guild levels rather than 1. You can do the "off-and-on" click method 64 times if you want to really go up in XP and get to Guild Level 7 immediately...but you have to listen to the quest giver's drivel for 64 times....yuk snort!

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote