Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-06-2000, 12:33 AM   #1
BillyD

I have seen others with this problem, and no fixes yet.....it's not a codec problem for me, I can play the town AVI's just fine with media player, but when I load the game there's nothing in the first gameplay screen...the menus are there, but it's blank in the middle...tried everything, reinstalling, older drivers, etc. I really want to play this game...anyone have a fix yet?

PIII 600EB
128 PC-133 RAM
Win98SE
ASUS V-6800 Geforce DDR 32MB (Det3 6.1
13gig HD (8 gig free)
Aureal Vortex quad 2
optical intellimouse

I've seen a lot of snipes at Mr. Bradley and Heuristic for the "bugs", but I have to say out of 4 Activision games I've bought only 1 played right out of the box.....there's certainly a pattern with Activision and hardware compatibility problems. I had to install a TNT2 just to play Vampire......Activision, whatever you need to do, do it. Everyone else's games play fine....I'm getting very close to NOT buying your products anymore.

Old 10-06-2000, 09:46 PM   #2
BillyD

Well, after trying everything else I installed Windows ME...which froze up a lot but finally installed. But now W&W works! I'm having other troubles thanks to the new OS, but at least the game runs.....so far it runs in D3D highest resolution just fine...cool game too. Enough of the old style with the new graphics....cool