Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2002, 05:24 PM   #1
ispq
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm just wondering how close to the core NWN / 3rd edition everyone's game will be? Since NWN is going to allow for a great deal of customization, I'm wondering what people are planning on doing.

Just to get the basics down, as I understand them, core NWN will be roughly as follows:
* 3rd edition core rulebooks unless otherwise noted.
* 11 core classes (Not sure if this can be altered)
* 7 core races (Not sure if this can be altered)
* Point Buy system for stats, with 28 points, ala RPGA Living City.
* Set HP's per level, ala RPGA Living City. Basically the integer portion of half the appropriate hit die plus one.
* Max 20th level characters (Not sure if this can be altered)
* Max 3 classes per character (Not sure if this can be altered)
* Standard treasure / xp advancement from DMG to be a Vault character. i.e. roughly 13.333 encounters per level up, appropriate EL treasure on average.
* No horses (Not sure if this can be altered, though you might be able to script it.)
* Set in a fantasy world, specifically FR.

[ 02-26-2002: Message edited by: ispq ]

ispq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 09:16 AM   #2
Demonical Wyvern
Elite Waterdeep Guard

bet the rules will be customizable [img]smile.gif[/img] that would be great too. Any know if the monster and character models r 3d or 2d?
Demonical Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 06:00 PM   #3
Nifft the Nimble

My games are going to be different.

For one thing, the pantheon will be very different. In my universe gods derive their power from their worshippers, not their portfolios, so humans will have more and more powerful gods than any other race, due to humans' greater population. This is a positive feedback cycle, and explains why the otherwise sucky humans dominate the world. It also gives goblins and orcs some VERY powerful gods. Elves, on the other hand, will have only one or two powerful gods, and a host of spirits (ancestors or nature-forces) with whom they're allied.

Death: IMHO death is too cheap in D&D. My universe will focus on non-lethal conflict resolution, through both negotiation and "subdual" damage (in armed and un-armed combat). Some classes do subdual damage by default (thief, cleric, paladin) while others do lethal damage by default (assassin, fighter). "Lethal Damage" will be a feat available to any class. Whichever damage type you do by default you will do at full strength; there are penalties to doing the other kind of damage. If you are subdued by a hostile force, there is a good chance they'll leave you "for dead", naked and pennyless, in some alleyway. Keep a stash of backup equipment somewhere safe!

I have more ideas about how I want my world to be ... I hope NWN is able to accomodate them.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 05:35 PM   #4
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I can't say, I don't know enough about third edition rules. The rules you posted look just fine ispq.

RedBlueFlare
The dragon tamer lives on...
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote