Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-19-2000, 10:01 PM   #1
Wretched

Oh man I am so anxious to play this game! Icewind Dale didn't quite satisfy me long enough... but it's finally happened! BGII should easily make it's release date now!

Here's a little question for everyone: Do you intend to import your Baldur's Gate character in, or will you be wanting more to create a new character using all the great new character kits and stuff?

Personally, I'm at an impasse.... I think what I'm going to do, is create a multi-player game, and import my BG character in as the primary... then create a 2nd character to play around with the new rules, and have the best of both worlds.

I can't wait to play this game!!!

-The Wretched
Old 09-21-2000, 07:21 PM   #2
Maff

Oi Wrech,

Know what you mean. Personally, I'm so pissed off with BG messing up on me I'm gonna start all over again. Never seemed to run smoothly on my PC for some reason. Perhaps my PC just doesn't like me.

Nice to see some real English, by the way. I don't really chat on the Net as a rule, so half the time it takes me five minutes to work out all the inadequate (sp?) grammar and
damnable abbreviations (at the risk of sounding like I'm stuck up my own backside).

Maff
Old 09-21-2000, 07:46 PM   #3
Wretched

I understand your frustration at the amount of acronyms and slang people use on message boards. I went to a few Diablo II forums awhile back, and half the time people are using so many acronyms, I don't even know what the point of the post is at all! Gradually, as I read more posts, I pick up on them, but it's a pain in the ass.

All this frustration could be easily resolved simply by typing out the acronym the first time you want to use it in your post, then using the acronym throughout the rest of it. But of course, this is obviously too much to ask.
Old 09-21-2000, 07:57 PM   #4
Maff

Glad to see someone else has little else to do with there time at this time of night.
Just seen you proifle actually. Nice job mate. I'm in life assurance - no really, I am.

And there is a point to that outburst. My worklife is full of TLA's (Three Letter Abbreviations), and the last thing I want to do in my real (VIRTUAL) life is do the same.
Of course, the last thing I SHOULD do when I come home after 9 hours in front of a VDU is sit in front for a VDU for a further 9. However, whatever yanks yer crank. And right now, my crank's been a-yanked enough. I should get some sleep before the new day dawns.

Cheers matey

Maff