Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 05:22 AM   #41
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
My favorite anime is LA Blue Girl. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
*cough* Hentai *cough* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:28 AM   #42
Khazadman Risen
Manshoon

Akira, Ninja Scroll, and Ghost In The Shell. Great stuff. I've avoided the tv stuff since Star Blazers. Guess it shows how long it's been since I've watched anime on tv.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #43
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Oh man, I just worked out that I've been addicted to FMA for nine months next week o_o.

I am heavily involved in FMA's online fandom, but that doesn't mean I am incapable of liking other shows. I enjoy Bleach, Cowboy Bebop, Kyou Kara Maou, Yami no Matsuei, Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, RahXephon, Hellsing, Miyazaki, .hack series and Azu Manga Daioh. I'm trying to get hold of Angel Sanctuary, but no luck.

Edit: I have read the Naruto manga (ALL 250+ CHAPTERS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD), but found it far too much like Dragonball for my tastes. ¬_¬

I do like Death Note and Saiyuki/Saiyuki Reload, too.

[ 05-10-2005, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Kaltia ]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:28 PM   #44
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

YAY!!!! Finally someone who has heard of Bleach!!!! Kaltia, you are now officially my hero...

HERITIC...Powerpuff Girls kicked the arse, or at least the first few seasons did. I don't know about the last one or two. They're better than any series that involved little kids battling each other with collectibles will ever be...

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #45
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
YAY!!!! Finally someone who has heard of Bleach!!!! Kaltia, you are now officially my hero...

Hey Kaltia.

Ilander, one of my close friends is obsessed with Bleach, he's a member here...but he was last active back in 03 (the glorious summer where the Gib member count increased from 1 to 3) [img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] .

Anywho his MSN avatar is Bleach, he's seen every episode, etc.

He's put me off seeing it
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #46
Elif Godson
Dracolich

a friend of mine does this
Old 05-11-2005, 07:37 PM   #47
Svaerdhelgon
The Magister

Only seen Trigun and some of Cowboy Bebop,they are quite good but watching a complete series take some serious time which I don´t have
Svaerdhelgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:41 PM   #48
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well...if you have a high-speed internet connection, you can supposedly download unlicensed Anime fan-subs (sometimes dubs, too)...One of my friends claims this is legal, at least.

Anyone know if it really is?

Oh, and my desktop wallpaper alternates between a bassist I think is really cool and a pic from Bleach...happens later on in the series (I read the Manga).

Something involving Abarai Renji and Kuchiki Byakuya...

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:02 AM   #49
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:

HERITIC...Powerpuff Girls kicked the arse, or at least the first few seasons did. I don't know about the last one or two. They're better than any series that involved little kids battling each other with collectibles will ever be...
i know of bleach... how come i'm not a hero....

Bah, whatever, Hark is my hero, he watches initial-d .. yep yep [img]tongue.gif[/img]

oh and Ilander, downloading fansub dubs are illegal, however there is ethereal agreement between the licencers and the Fan-subbers, and well usually it's allowed until it is licensed. i'm pretty sure there is somthing about this in wikipedia. lemme go check

here's the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fansub

and quote just so that not everyone has to go there
Quote:
Legal and Ethical Issues

Though the unlicensed distribution of movies and television programs is a violation of copyright law, prosecutions almost never occur. Most fansub groups will not distribute a product that becomes "licensed", which is the term used to describe a series or movie that there is evidence that it has a distributor in the fansub groups' country.

It is generally accepted that for Japanese fansubbing, there is an unspoken agreement between the fansubbers and Japanese copyright holders that fansubs help promote a product. Indeed, when commercial versions of a video become available, they are often superior in video and translation quality to fansubs, though there have been exceptions.

In recent years however, there has been a growing discontent amongst Japanese companies against fansubbers. This is because the huge increase in popularity of anime in North America means that many new series no longer need fansubs as a form of promotion. On the other hand, fansubs are damaging sales in the Asia-Pacific region, due to bootleggers selling fansubs in seemingly legitimate packagings. Because of this, several Japanese companies have threatened to bypass an American distributor and take legal actions against North American fansubbers directly. Fansubbers and supporters argue that fansubs are sometimes the only way Western audiences can view some anime. Even when Western versions of anime are released they are often changed to satisfy stricter censorship requirements, supporters of fansubs argue that fansubs, unlike legal versions, remain true to the Japanese original. According to Yu's Behind the Scenes of IRC (http://cal.jmu.edu/zemliansky/firsty.../yuscenes.html), there have been beliefs that "there is a gap between people's opinion and what is written in the law."

In December of 2004, a Tokyo law firm representing Media Factory Inc., a Japanese anime studio, sent letters and e-mails to the anime BitTorrent directory AnimeSuki and fansub groups Lunar Anime and Wannabe Fansubs requesting that they halt fansubbing and/or hosting of all current and future MFI anime productions. AnimeSuki and Lunar Anime honored the request, and other fansub groups subbing MFI series followed suit. Wannabe Fansubs and other fansubbing groups, however, continued to produce digitially subtitled versions of MFI anime series. To date, this has been the only legal action taken by a Japanese anime company against the fansubbing community.

Note that a fandub is the process of anime fans dubbing over the original language track with their own voices. This is done very rarely, and few fandub groups exist. Fandubs are usually done for parody purposes (such as by Seishun Shitemasu), or to continue the tradition of previously dubbed material (such as the fandub of the Sailorstars series of Sailor Moon).
[ 05-12-2005, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Spirits Reborn ]
Spirits Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:13 AM   #50
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits Reborn:
Bah, whatever, Hark is my hero, he watches initial-d .. yep yep [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]
Pffft, well as long as neither of you enjoy the PC game, your ok with me
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote