Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2002, 11:22 AM   #11
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Its kinda funny. With me, I don't do anything, and I still get around 80% on all my school assignments
Old 07-25-2002, 11:31 AM   #12
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Any task that I'm left to do myself while having other work to do(Essay, physics report, homework....) will get done at the last minute.(Or in a few cases a couple of days after the last minute [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Anything that I'm working with others on will usually be done before time unless my "teammates" are lazy bastards, and even then I usually manage to whip them into a semblance of discipline and get some work done.

Anything that I'm just left to do and use my creativity on, like having all of a week set off to work on an essay/project, will get done a bit before time.

Any sort of housework like cleaning, washing and so on will either never get done or get done when I'm absolutely bored out of my skull(Like when my internet connection is dead.).

Anything that I want to do but don't have to(writing a fantasy story) will get 20% done and then nothing more, I will occasionally get a slight bit of it done or take it up again later on when I'm either really bored or just plain feel like it.
Old 07-25-2002, 01:02 PM   #13
Blade
Emerald Dragon

well i was like that too but as i went into the advanced classes over the regular ones at the start of highschool and was getting three times the homework i had to change my ways. Good thing too as i went into my first year of collage i would never had gotting everything done at the last moment. My opinion get it done now wail the info is still fresh in your mind and you know what you want to talk about you will get it done faster than you can relax wail everyone elece is sweating it trying to finish the projects. The only problem is that you have to keep up with the work or you will end up with twice the ammonut to do some nights.

And in case you were wondering because i'm a little young to have a year of college out of the way (i'm 18) i was in a program that let you skip your senior year of highschool and do college instead and they would pay for it.

[ 07-25-2002, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Blade ]
Old 07-25-2002, 08:46 PM   #14
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I need an approaching deadline to motivate me to do pretty much any work.
When I was at college, I *started* my dissertation the Saturday before it was due (Monday, 9am). I had it finished in 3 hours, and got a good mark too! I'd had a year to do it in, but just couldn't work up the enthusiasm until I knew I had to!
A dissertation in 3 hours??!!
Jesus! Wonder woman is in the house! [img]smile.gif[/img] Nice work there Epona.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:47 PM   #15
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Grimslade:
I'm abit like that too. But I change. Last semester, I had four essays due in the space of two weeks. I had to start each early, coz there would have been no way I would have passed had I left all for to the last minute. And I actually pulled it off! I finished the first essay two weeks early and submitted it (I got an A), the next 2 I submitted 4 days early (both got Bs) and the last one on the day it was due (another A). So if I can change, so can you!
Heh heh, so there is still hope yet eh? Good to hear [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2002, 08:51 PM   #16
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
And in case you were wondering because i'm a little young to have a year of college out of the way (i'm 18) i was in a program that let you skip your senior year of highschool and do college instead and they would pay for it.
Yeah I started University when I was 17 too. It was a real drag. The legal drinking age here is 18 so all my buddies were out pubbing and clubbing and having a grand old time and here was me the wee underage minor sitting around twiddling my thumbs wishing to dear God my birthday would hurry up and come. 'Course we used to drink before we were 18 at home anyway, but once they were able to legally go the pubs my friends kinda ditched the whole drinking at home routine. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2002, 09:22 PM   #17
SecretMaster
Apophis

I'm a huge@$$ procrasinater. I do things the day they are do. Sometimes, I do my Spanish Homework in class when my teacher is coming around to check it.
Old 07-25-2002, 10:59 PM   #18
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hmmm...when it comes to school im the worlds worst procrastinator(unless its english AP, i cant afford to put things off in that class). This also includes house and office work

However, when the subject of snowboarding and/or concerts come up, its a totally different story
Old 07-26-2002, 02:31 AM   #19
Moni

With schoolwork, I am definitely a doer...get it done asap so I don't have to mess with it anymore and don't have to worry about not having time to finish it later.
With other things, I do put some things off (like cleaning off my desk until I can't find something I know is on it lol) but I try to keep all my "working duties" scheduled...this way, the laundry doesn't pile up, there are always clean dishes, there's food in the fridge, the floors get mopped, blah, blah, blah....

KHaN is such a bad procrastinator that you have to stand behind him and beat him with a stick to get him to do anything...except homework...he sees it the same way I do...get it done now and you don't have to worry about it later.

Old 07-26-2002, 03:18 AM   #20
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

hehe I had a project due in this morning which I got given more than a month ago. Too bad I only started it last night
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas