Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 01:10 AM   #1
Wutang
Manshoon

Sorry I couldn't find the search feature in this forum section....but I know someone asked this already probably.

I am having problems trying to find spells for my 6th level pally in the game. I keep finding scrolls which are use once only and none of the stores sells spells per se.

From the manual it states that pallies get up to 4th level spells like Bless and cure serious wounds and virtue.

I only seem to have the inherent pally abilities like smite evil and turn undead.

Also can skill points be saved for later use? the manual never explains it well. I'd like to take a skill that requires 2 skill points but I've only been getting one point per level. So I decided to not use the skill point and wait til I level again. I hope I didn't screw up.

Thanks

[ 08-27-2002, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Wutang ]
Old 08-27-2002, 02:13 AM   #2
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Well Palidins dont memorise spells if thats what your wandering. Instead they get them automaticly and you simply have to choose which ones you want. Press "B" while in the game, it is the hotkey for the spellbook with that you can choose what spells you want to memorise. Concerning the skill points, i have never gotten only one when i have leveled up but i have never played a paladin so it might be different, also i have never not used a skill point so i cant really help you there either.
Old 08-27-2002, 03:33 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Oki, the booring textbook answer here..
1. The Paladin need a high wisdom to cast spell. 10+ the spell level. (11 for 1:st level spells, 12 for 2:nd lvl spells and so on).

Inteligence conmtrols how many skillpoints you get as well as the class ampunt per level. A Paladin gets 2+ int modifier (can be a minus if you are unlucky) and +1 per level if human.

You have to read the manual and see what spells are on your spell list. You can use these and some of the clerics spells.

The Paladin gets the spells pretty late in the game, I think you get a bonus spell at 5th level if your wisdom is high enough.

Check the B button and see if you can start memorise spells.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 02:13 AM   #4
Wutang
Manshoon

ah ok thanks. and yes I have like 14 wis now so I should be able to cast a few spells....I didn't think that spells would be given to you. I thought you had to buy them.

Also I don't see a spell tab anywhere on my character sheet which seems odd.

Finally, you can save up skill points until you need them later...I just leveled again and now have more skill points now [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2002, 09:08 AM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

on the sidebar that lets you bring up your char sheet, inventory, etc there is a spellbook, go there and check on your spells, you may need to be higher leve to get spells tho, but as they are divine spells you don't need to learn them from scrolls
Old 08-28-2002, 11:59 PM   #6
Wutang
Manshoon

hmmm odd I did check my character sheet but I don't have a spell tab.....

My paly is 7th and wis is 14 with cha 14...but my INT is only 9. Hopefully my INT doesn't have to be like 10 for me to start getting spells.

I did hit the "B" button but so far I have no spells available.

This is getting annoying as I feel like I got robbed having only half a fighter character.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:11 AM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

A 7th level paladin should be able to cast at least ONE 1st level spell and a BASE wisdom of 14 would give you a bonus 1st and 2nd level spell - although you can not cast the bonus 2nd lvl spell at 7th level). Why you aren't getting the spells is beyond me.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 10:01 AM   #8
DraconisRex

Wisdom controls ALL divine spells and divine spell casters: druids, rangers, clerics & paladins. Intelligence controls Arcane Wizard spells. Charisma controls Arcane Bard & Sorcerer spells.

A wizard with a 3 wisdom and a 20 intelligence will have the same arcane spell casting profile as a wizard with a 16 wisdom and 20 intelligence. Or a wizard with a 20 strength and 20 intelligence.

As for "learning" spells, that only applies to wizards. Divine spell casters automatically have access to all spells. Sorcerers and Bards select which spells they wish to have in their books at level up.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 07:57 PM   #9
Tomas Darknite
Dungeon Master

to answer your question about skill points, they do not accumulate from level up to level up. if you dont use them you loose them.