Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2003, 06:47 PM   #41
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:

Iron Ranger: We had very different attitudes, but I lacked the eloquance and ability to voice my opinions you have, never mind the "arguement-resistant" skin. If I ever seemed a bitch to you, I'm sorry.

Well, there is something I wasnt expecting. . No worries Kailta, diffrences is what makes people cool.

To basicly repeat what has already been said, ignore idiots like Twisted, or whatever his(her?) name was. Thankfully IW is nothing like that. Just because there is a corner on the internet that is full of morons and sickos doesnt mean you have to avoid the entire internet, if you do you miss out on nice people like IW. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 04-15-2003, 06:55 PM   #42
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Anyone who posted the picture that was in Twisted Cables post needs help.

DISGUSTING! PERVERSE! And not least of all, UNSANITARY!

[img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
Actually, guys, I've seen it before.You don't "hang out" with my friends (Dracorion on there was Neb from here) without getting similar images thrust at you; you just shuddup and get bloody used to them :[/QUOTE]Dunno, Kaltia, but my friends don't force those sorts of pictures on me and I never plan to get used to such things from anyone who wants to keep being one of my friends!

Kaltia, I know you've been upset by lots of scum-types on the internet. And I'm very sorry to hear that but I want to say that there are GOOD people out there too and you may find that avoiding the bad/twisted ones is the best solution. Don't go to their sites, don't post to them or reply to the ones who flame you.

Aelia had a good point- change your email address, take a break and come back refreshed. There are good and bad people out there no matter where you go. The nice thing about the internet is that you can simply go someplace else, change your nick or address or block the bad ones if you choose!

You've been through a rough time this year with your family and school and the internet seems to help and stress you all at the same time. I sincerely hope you find a balance and feel better about things soon!

PS: I deleted your link as it leads to some pretty disgusting content in addition to the foul language, Kat. And uh.. your own vocabulary there is not exactly saintly!

[ 04-15-2003, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 04-15-2003, 06:56 PM   #43
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Please don't leave Kaltia!!! It's stuff like this you should STAY with IW for! They've helped me through alot of things and they can help you too! Screw those guys at that website for what they said! You should stay Kaltia! We will all miss you! PLEASE don't leave!
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 04-15-2003, 07:01 PM   #44
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
I think what we are seeing here is a great example of why this place is special.

I don't think I can add anything more on this subject and hope that Kaltia will come back to contribute some top quality *cough* spam *cough* (and other pithy postings) whenever she feels comfortable.

As for the rest of you, your support and consideration is just one aspect of the community spirit that makes this place special [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Don't ever change.
I think the reason for it is the outstanding diligence of our moderators and Ziroc to try and keep the trash picked up, so to say. As you'll notice, the LINK here was deleted by Cloudy already! Probably days before the actual posts will even be noticed on the other site. Ironworks got pride in their clean streets guys! Don't forget it! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 07:02 PM   #45
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Dunno, Kaltia, but my friends don't force those sorts of pictures on me and I never plan to get used to such things from anyone who wants to keep being one of my friends!

Kaltia, I know you've been upset by lots of scum-types on the internet. And I'm very sorry to hear that but I want to say that there are GOOD people out there too and you may find that avoiding the bad/twisted ones is the best solution. Don't go to their sites, don't post to them or reply to the ones who flame you.

Aelia had a good point- change your email address, take a break and come back refreshed. There are good and bad people out there no matter where you go. The nice thing about the internet is that you can simply go someplace else, change your nick or address or block the bad ones if you choose!

You've been through a rough time this year with your family and school and the internet seems to help and stress you all at the same time. I sincerely hope you find a balance and feel better about things soon!
I have three e-mail addresses already

Plus; they don't force the picture on you, persay, they drop it into a multiple-participant MSN conversation; playing it up for a crowd, one could say.

Thank you for the kind words, Amber.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:06 PM   #46
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Well, I tried my best with all I know on MSN to get you to stay Kaltia (I even let you hit me with a willow stick [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), but if you need a break by all means take one. Just do me a favor and drop us a line every once in awhile to see how you're doing, plus I'd like to bug ya some more

Peace out Kaltia
Old 04-15-2003, 07:11 PM   #47
Kzonon
Dungeon Master

Kaltia;

I don't know you and I don't post a lot messages so you probably don't know alot about me. Thing is, I read alot of threads and you can see from this one that a lot of people here like you / accept you. I say, use the internet as a source of encouragement and ignore the 'not so good stuff'.

Thing is though, the internet is certainly a tough place and young people on it do have to grow up way too quickly. Its true people on the net are far more nasty than in real life because they don't attach a person to the title/tag/name. But you'll meet people in real life that are just as nasty to your face.

A lot of the rest of us have been slammed/flamed/stalked but whats important is what you learn from it. Its part of growing up and maturing. Hiding or running away usually isn't the answer. Sinking to their level is definately not the answer. (And don't get me wrong...I'm not saying you're immature) But we all learn from experience.

I hope what other people have written here persuade you not to leave there are good people on the net.

Michael
Old 04-15-2003, 07:13 PM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
I have three e-mail addresses already

Plus; they don't force the picture on you, persay, they drop it into a multiple-participant MSN conversation; playing it up for a crowd, one could say.

Thank you for the kind words, Amber.
LOL, I have as many emails and I understand about not wanting more! Try blocking the creeps and see if that helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Really, I do think a break is a great idea. At least until you feel better about life and the internet. [img]smile.gif[/img] You have had alot of problems in real life this year and I'm betting the really nasty interactions online have just made it all worse for you. You take care of yourself and try not to let them hurt you.. bullies are never right, you know. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 07:22 PM   #49
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I just want to remind everyone here that running off to post anything rude or inflammatory on other sites isn't necessarily the best way to show you care about Kat's (or anyone's) feelings. It is, however, the best way to cause a forum war, so please, if you choose to do so (and of course it IS your choice), please keep Ironworks out of it. In my opinion, running over there to post will only cause more anguish for Kaltia in the end, so I'd seriously advise against it.

I really think that the best solution here is for Kaltia to avoid places where people like that post. Obviously they upset her and if they are in fact emailing and harassing her, IMO she needs to block them from her mail and avoid interacting with them, not get into a deeper situation by having well-intentioned friends go over and stir things up more.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:32 PM   #50
Kzonon
Dungeon Master

It's not exactly my place to say this here but....

as I said : Sinking to their level is definately not the answer

and as Cloudy said : It is, however, the best way to cause a forum war,

Innocents ALWAYS get caught in the crossfire