Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 05:44 AM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Or at least change the way that armor looks? It's pretty easy, if you just put some points in the crafting skill. It's expensive too, at least recreating your armor is. However, changing from that pesky alien robe is a piece of cake, and may not even require much, if any skill.

To change a robe to it's basic armor form, all you have to do is right click on your char, and choose the Special Abilities button. It's at 9:00 on the radial menu. Then you select crafting skills, which is at 12:00. You'll get some options to craft your armor, which I can't remember exactly right now. However, I believe the list looks something like this:

1. Craft Armor: Change Armor Appearance
2. Craft Armor: Add, Remove, or Modify Armor
3. Craft Weapon:
4. Craft Trap

Note that if you have no weapon equipped, it will say not possible. If you're not sure if your armor is a robe or not, select 1, and if all you can modify is the neck and arms, then it's a robe, otherwise, there's a nice little list of what you can change.

Note: On the enhanced dwarven armor, once you make the change to remove the robe, it's gone. You can't get that robe back, since it's a custom design. The basic styles will be listed, and include, Casual, Formal, Alienist, Wizard, and Sleeveless Wizard Robes. Although, in my experience the sleeveless wizard robe isn't.

Ok, we've gotten rid of our robe, and would like to change the way the armor actually looks now. Now, it's the rinse and repeat mode. Don't try to do too much at once, unless you have an ungodly crafting score. Change the torso by itself, change the left and right bicep, then the left and right shoulder, etc. Trying to do too much at one time will fail, and if you can't change even one thing by itself, wait until you have more skill. That's basically it. The dialog box will have show next, or previous style, and you can scroll through to find something you like by choosing #1 or 2. Be aware, the more you change, the more it costs, but removing, or changing the robes is free.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:48 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah i do that with all of my armours. There are some really different combos out there.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #3
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Thanks! That sounds a lot easier than I thought it would be.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Does that mean I can finally have that dirty loincloth I always wanted..huzzah.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #5
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Okay, have taken it literally and created a blacksmith with a really big hammer. Obviously couldn't do a gnome or halfling blacksmith (although, just maybe...) so gone for the opposite effect with a half-orc. Also added in crafting skills, didn't know it was that easy, thanks for tips on that.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
And when RTB (The man of the hour) said...:

Note: On the enhanced dwarven armor, once you make the change to remove the robe, it's gone. You can't get that robe back, since it's a custom design. The basic styles will be listed, and include, Casual, Formal, Alienist, Wizard, and Sleeveless Wizard Robes. Although, in my experience the sleeveless wizard robe isn't.

we listened. and then we asked him...
So, what happens if you want to get that kind of robe setup? Does Ziroc have to manually include it in the listing of different robes to choose from? As well, how would someone surfing through the toolkit actually find that robe? Would it be something I would have to try to guess where it is, or would it be one of the robes a person could choose from when designing a new form of armor?
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm Could we create a NPC Claksmith who could do this work for us???

Basically it eliminates the Craft Check but is twice as expensive.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:49 PM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Funny you should mention that. I'm working on something along those lines, only it will be for adding this and that to armor/weapons. While I'm handy with the toolset, I'm no expert scripter, so it may take many tries to perfect a technique. As to appearances, I'm not so sure how they are listed, as I have never looked at that kind of thing. .2da's are beyond what I need to know, for now, and so have been left to those better qualified to deal with them.
It seems to me that I did see something at Bioware concerning custom cloaks, which, if followed logically, wouldn't be all that different from other custom armors, except for where you list them, of course...
Old 10-18-2006, 02:17 AM   #9
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Because the Main Man, RTB, is just so gosh darn quoteable:

It seems to me that I did see something at Bioware concerning custom cloaks, which, if followed logically, wouldn't be all that different from other custom armors, except for where you list them, of course...

I just absolutely HAD to ask him (at 2:12 in the morning, no less...)
Are you going to post up the link to what Bioware had to saw about customized cloaks? Especially as all those prospective module makers who may be reading this post (not to mention curious bastards(tm) such as myself) would love to know how to get more information on this topic. Sounds like (as usual) a lot of work, but I have seen pictures and guides (albeit briefly) on how to design a customized cloak with flags and other graphics embedded into the fabric using 3dMax or something to that effect. (And yes, I believe ALL programs involving heavy duty graphics alterations are beyond me.)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:20 AM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

That may be the same info that I saw. However, back to the topic of ingame crafting:

http://robertbard67206.com/images/assassinleathers.jpg
http://robertbard67206.com/images/Ad1.jpg

Yes, those were the dreaded Assassin Leathers from the Lake of Shadows...Note, I had to alter it a bit for PG-13...