Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-24-2000, 03:57 AM   #1
fabrice

after installing and trying to play the game with cd2 in the drive, I get this king of message "cd failure" and it crashes to desktop.
Help Anyone?!

Old 11-24-2000, 05:13 AM   #2
xenotoca

sounds like a bad install.

if you cannot uninstall with the uninstall option this will be absolute confirmation of this.

delete the activision folder ( or wereever you installed it)
use add / remove in the control panel to remove Wizards & Warriors from the registry.

set resolution to 640 by 480 high colour and switch of any TSR`s (icons in taskbar box on your right)

Now reinstall run and set your options. If all OK reset you computer to the resolution it normally runs in.

Old 11-25-2000, 03:31 AM   #3
fabrice

thanx alot!
It WAS a bad install.

Old 11-25-2000, 04:48 AM   #4
xenotoca

Glad it worked out for you. I had the same problem when I first installed the game and no one could help. As others were obviously having no problem it obviously should have run so a lot of research and expermenting later I found the problem. I did forget to mention to make sure you dont have a virus checker running as this makes the 5 min install about 55 min.

Now we shall expect to see you on the board after you have fallen down all those ladders and got lost in the serpant temple.

Old 11-25-2000, 05:29 AM   #5
fabrice

Ok so YOU'RE really trhe one to thank for all your research and developpement activities on "making what seems a great RPG working on everybody's computer"!
Then thanks again and be sure of one thing : I'm pretty much confident in the fact I will need your and everybody 's help in the very, very short run....
By the way if you happen to know about other lost french guys, let me know, i'll try to makes things right "en français"...
Bye

Old 11-25-2000, 10:29 AM   #6
Raldor

I also get the "CD Failure" error from time to time when starting the game. It "seems" to be related to when I have another CD in my other CD drive. When I take it out, and try a few times, or even go to Windows Explorer and make sure the CD drives are refreshed, it will usually work. I don't doubt that your original problem was a bad install, but I'm telling you this just in case you have a problem again later.