Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
Majin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey,

im new to W&W and have a couple of questions :

- Sometimes i receive random damage for almost all party members by just walking or switching characters (click on portray) - when this happends i usually reload the game to an earlier save point - the chars are not poisoned

- Weapon Skills seem to have virtually no effect, i have a barbarian with 5 in Swords and Max Str and Dex, however he hits as good as another Warrior of my Party who has no weapon skills, and also as bad as a Rogue with no Weapon skills either

- The Leadership Skills - does it do anything ? If it does anything, does the PC has to be on the top of my characters to make him "the leader" ?

- Do specific mobs respawn ? I was lucky to kill the darn amazon maneaters (in the end they were pretty easy - just dragon fire them, 1 mana pot was enough to kill one (alternativly, just run into the city) - and after a while they got me again while i was fighting swamp thingies.

- Does the "Sorcery" Skill do anything ? I have 1 skill point for every caster and only tried to max the magic schools (moon, fire etc)

Thanks !
Majin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
crpgnut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'll let the pros answer, but welcome to the Wizards and Warriors forum!
Old 09-22-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Wow, it's been so long since I've been back in this forum. I missed this place. I'm glad to see that the game is attracting new players.

- I do not know about the random damage, because I've never encountered this.
- Weapon Skill: If I remember correctly, Weapon skill had a little effect on critical percentage, and what kind of weapon you could wield, and how often you could hit. But then again, I haven't played this game in about a few years now, and I may have confused this with another game.
- Leadership. Once again, if I remember this correctly, the only thing it did was have that character targeted more often than others.
- If you haven't cleared out all 6 mantraps, then you will run into the rest of them. However, that's not to say that mantraps are extinct after that. I've had them respawn many a time, but not until late in the game.
- Sorcery: I belive it increases damage done by a spell.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
Majin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks !

I dont think leadership increases percentage to hit judging by my playstyle - i have one with leadership now with 6 points - he gets hits as often as anyone else - what i noticed is that if a mob selected a NPC he will stay focused on him - i just killed the scorpion in the pit with the boogas - well, he was always on my berserker and never hit hit - fight lasted 10min but he never even scratched me =)
Old 09-22-2006, 11:47 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

First, welcome to the boards, Majin! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] May the gods of the Gael Serran smile with favor on your party...

Now, for your questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by Majin:

- Sometimes i receive random damage for almost all party members by just walking or switching characters (click on portray) - when this happends i usually reload the game to an earlier save point - the chars are not poisoned

I've not seen this before... although you do get damage if you're running and take a large drop. Are you playing in guarded mode (where you have to ctrl-click to attack non-hostile creatures)?

- Weapon Skills seem to have virtually no effect, i have a barbarian with 5 in Swords and Max Str and Dex, however he hits as good as another Warrior of my Party who has no weapon skills, and also as bad as a Rogue with no Weapon skills either

I haven't done any real studies (oh, Radek.... [img]smile.gif[/img] ), but there has been a definite difference with the peasants. My gut feel is that once you're up to around level 5 in your weapon, you hit more often than not. After that, it depends on your level, class, skill, and attributes... but I'm not completely certain [img]smile.gif[/img]

- The Leadership Skills - does it do anything ? If it does anything, does the PC has to be on the top of my characters to make him "the leader" ?

It inspires other critters to attack that character more than others. I've never really seen a benefit from it.

- Do specific mobs respawn ? I was lucky to kill the darn amazon maneaters (in the end they were pretty easy - just dragon fire them, 1 mana pot was enough to kill one (alternativly, just run into the city) - and after a while they got me again while i was fighting swamp thingies.

They don't respawn. However, there are two groups of salads (the IW affectionate name for the mantraps and their nastier cousins, the jungle lilies). Only the first group attacks when you battle those redlegs and blacklegs. The second group comes in later... and there are two in each group. And yes, it hurts to battle them at low levels.

- Does the "Sorcery" Skill do anything ? I have 1 skill point for every caster and only tried to max the magic schools (moon, fire etc)

It lets you cast spells that do more damage or last longer. So a firestorm with level 1 sorcery is not as damaging as one with level 7 sorcery. I usually put all my skill points into sorcery, and use the guilds to raise the spell school levels. And once I get them to level 7, I worry about other things, like INT and SPI.
Hope that helps answer some things [img]smile.gif[/img] Keep on playing, and tell us how your game is progressing!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:55 AM   #6
Majin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the answers - i play in safe mode (because area spells always hit my own group no matter where i am) and the damage is not from falling down - i dont know why that happends

anyway, thanks alot!
Old 09-23-2006, 01:19 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board from me as well! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2006, 03:06 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Sorcery increases both efficiency and duration of your spells. At Sorcery level 1, you have "100%" efficiency and duration. With each level in Sorcery, this value gets 10% up.
Therefore, a zenmaster with Sorcery 12 and Enlightement and Chi Master traits (Sorcery 16 effectively) has all his spells 2.5 more powerful and they last 2.5 longer than those of an amateur with Sorcery 1.

Therefore, invest in Sorcery [img]smile.gif[/img] No guild will theach you this skill so that you must invest yourself.