Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2001, 10:19 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

And it wasn't a bed-bug, because I didn't even go to bed until 4am this morning.

Anyway, when I went into a couple doors, and the new page loaded up, the screen came back on, but no movement could be made for at least 10 seconds more, after the visual came in. It did not do it so much as I moved south-west through town. Anybody see that???

------------------

Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 10:36 AM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

You might want to set your cache higher in the config. setup Larry. It defaults to 300(k?). Increasing it allows quicker load times from area to area. It's probably just your processor/RAM/video drivers trying to chug through it...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 10:57 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

thanks!
Are you talking about the 16 and 32 bit screen thing?
I need some more detail as to what I should set and how much.
I am running a pretty strong PC, so I can handle all the extra weight.
(My friend built it for me, piece by piece...)

------------------

Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 11:08 AM   #4
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
thanks!
Are you talking about the 16 and 32 bit screen thing?
I need some more detail as to what I should set and how much.
I am running a pretty strong PC, so I can handle all the extra weight.
(My friend built it for me, piece by piece...)
Nope. When you first start up the game, you can go into "Configure" instead of "Start" or whatever. On one of those tabs, there is an option for setting your cache. If you didn't change the defaults, then there should be a textbox where you can type in a number. It should currently read "300" if you haven't changed it. I was considering upping mine to 1000 for quicker loads... Unfortunately, I cannot remember which tab it is on in the configuration function. Look around and you'll find it. I was *not* referring to the 16 bit vs. 32 bit setting. Although if you have a high-end PC, you should be ok with 32. Better color resolution and graphics (to some extent).

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 12:32 PM   #5
joetbd
Manshoon

The game has a "cache" folder, where it stores, temporaty information, that you are currently using. By default that number is set to 300, in the configuration settings. That 300 number, is MB. So if you change it to 1000, thats 1 Gig of HardDrive space. I have mine set at 500. But I still get the short pause, after loading a new area. I did not get that pause in BG2, without TOB installed.

This is with a full install. And yes, I have DirectX8, and all the latest drivers. (running Win98 with a Geforce2)

joetbd is offline   Reply With Quote