Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 12-31-2010, 09:18 AM   #11
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Haven't been here in a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_john View Post
@Kakero Both STALKER 2 and Witcher 2 are PC games being produced on PC and then converted to console. That's very different from companies like Bioware making action games for console gamers when they used to make cRPG's and then converting those console style action games to PC. Bioshock 3, Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 are all going to be much more action based for the console market and are having a lot of the RPG elements removed.
It doesn't matter if the game is being produced on pc first and then ported to consoles or consoles first and then being ported to pc. For a PC title sequel to be multiplatform tell us one thing. The developer is after more $$$.

Now will both Stalker 2 and Witcher 2 be dumb down for console kiddies ie something that us pc gamers are very afraid of? Well, let's take a look at the difference between Bethesda's Morrowind and the sequel Oblivion. There are so much difference. One can really see Oblivion being dumb down and it's not even funny. I remembered many people asking questions after questions on the Morrowind board on this forum, that's how rpgish the game was. However, when Oblivion was released. Not many question was asked. The game litterally guide your hand.

But those yada yada aside, Stalker game was not a difficult game to begin with. The game does guide you on where you should go and what you should do. I didn't play the witcher though.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:22 AM   #12
Froberg
The Magister

You should give The Witcher a try, it's one of the best RPG's I have ever played, personally.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

The Witcher is pretty good. Haven't finished either one, but so far so good. Took me a while to get the hang of moving them with keyboard and mouse - I definitely prefer mouse over kybd if there's an option!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Anyone still think Witcher 2 was dumbed down on PC - or even console for that matter?!
uk_john is offline   Reply With Quote