Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-07-2001, 05:41 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I am typing this, not copy paste, so forgive any spell errors

When Henry Viscardis was rewarded by Napolean as most acheived person, he gave the most inspirational speech I ever heard of. Henry Viscardis was born without legs, and he spent his first 7 years in the hospital just to survive. Then he lived a broken and struggled life. He asked his mother a question:

"why me?"

His mother, with her simple peasant wisdom, answered him:" well, before you were about to born, Lord in heaven was meeting his counsulor. Lord asked 'this little boy is disabled, so where would be a good place to send him?' then they looked every family on earth and decided that the Viscardis is the best family to have you."

Henry continued his speech:" that is the way I feel about you, and about the communities in this land, american, which I love. It has nourished my ideals and gave me the opportunity to be free, seek my own destiny....not as a crippled man, but as an equal...."

"...Years ago, a doctor made the difference in my life when, for the first time, he stood me up straight and tall on the artificial limbs I now wear. I could not pay his bill, and he told me he shall be repaid when I make the same difference on another disabled individual, as he had done for me. I promised him---- and I pledge you ---- that so long as there shall be one disabled individual in the world who prefers the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence, the thrill of existence to the stale calm of subsidized utopia, I shall devote all my energies to him..."

"..Remember, Hope is a duty, Hope is not a luxury. To hope is not to dream... but to turn dreams into reality. Blessed are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true..."

such words, such wisdom, such strength! I just want to tell everyone here, that

the fact that you are breathing is the living example of miracle!

be free to hope, everyone, your limits are where your eyes set upon, and when you look further, you extend your kingdom to the far horizon. God bless you all!

(a little note: I am just in the mood of sharing right now... don't ask why)
Old 09-07-2001, 05:42 AM   #2
Vampire

I see you've regained your sanity!!! Good.

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 05:44 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

the fact that you are breathing is the living example of miracle!
A miracle known as the human body, which itself is something extraordinary.

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-07-2001, 05:45 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
I see you've regained your sanity!!! Good.

this is just flip side of the coin
Old 09-07-2001, 02:40 PM   #5
Elif Godson
Dracolich

------------------
If you dont know where you are going, stop spin around three times and then your home.