Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-24-2003, 06:10 PM   #1
Tancred
White Dragon

This is no good. I was on Day 50. It's Chapter 6. I've done everything. I saved the game, and walked all over the lands for a further 40 days doing nothing and STILL! STILL!

SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

STILL! Edwin's nemesis Degardan as not appeared at all. I need to get this out of the way so I can move on. A few questions:

1) If Edwin dies in woman form, and is resurrected... does this kill his quest too? Is there a global variable determining this?

2) Does Edwin's Quest continue into ToB, or once I move from SoA, is that the End?

3) Does Edwin's Quest end in Chapter 3, and have I blown it big-time?

4) Is there still hope - and are there any variables I can trigger to make Degardan appear? I've tried tinkering with likely numbers, but have come up with zip.

Thanks to any who can help and know their stuff.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

He only appears in Athkatla, and I think only *inside*; so, try going into a handy building.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 12:40 PM   #3
Captain SlackBladder
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found that he doesnt only appear in Athkatla. Also,
Spoiler (?)
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

He appears twice. First time he appeared , I had just exited first level of watchers Keep. Did the speech - Edwin ? - Never heard of him. If you tell the mage that Edwin is with you, Edwin turns hostile and attacks the party. Eventually (about a week later), the mage turns up again and casts a spell which removes Edwina and restores Edwin.

50 days sounds excessive to me.
Captain SlackBladder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 01:01 PM   #4
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I ran into Degardan when I just slaugtherd a red dragon, he was in it's lair... so indoors apply, but not Athkatla only.

IIRC, Edwins state will be removed when you enter ToB (not sure though, but Anomen wasn't ''Sir'' when I started ToB, but there he was... ''Sir'' Anomen, without doing any trials, at the beginning of ToB.)
Old 03-25-2003, 01:15 PM   #5
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
Anomen wasn't ''Sir'' when I started ToB, but there he was... ''Sir'' Anomen, without doing any trials, at the beginning of ToB.
He wasn't sir but he was sir?
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 01:21 PM   #6
Annatar
Mephistopheles

When I finished SoA with Anomen, Keldorn, Edwin and Sola... Anomen was never called for his Trials (so he wasn't granted in the Order of the Most Radiant Heart), though when I started ToB (right after the end battle) he became Sir Anomen... strange isn't it?