Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 10-10-2004, 07:47 AM   #1
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

This thread is nothing other than a big congratulations Z, I just had one of my best Undermountain experiences! Firstly I noticed that the door in the Inn was open! The last time I was adventuring in Undermountain, this was closed off! So I go through the door and emerge into Waterdeep - I totally wasn't expecting this and it's fantastic!

Spoilers - if you haven't played the Haunted Isle level yet, don't read on!! I would hate to ruin the surprise...
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
So after exploring I find a boat to the Haunted Isle and decided to hop on board. I went through the crypts briefly with a party before, but the boat pulls up by a jetty. I talk to the captain and then suddenly realise that during our conversation, these really really evil looking skeletons are advancing towards me. In the long grass and the mist, all you can really see are their red eyes coming slowly towards you - the atmosphere is incredible! Almost like an entire undead legion is emerging from the mist.

After much slaying of the foul undead and much running from a Drowned Corpse, I came across this stone circle. Ignoring my better judgement, I stepped foot within its boundaries and was engulfed in what looked like the void itself, all purples and black. I managed to skip back outside so I wasn't overwhelmed and then saw one of the coolest creatures I've seen in all of Undermountain as they seperated. Reminds me of the Shadows in Babylon 5 almost. They truly looked like tortured undead and purely evil creatures.

The Haunted Isle has certainly jumped to the top of my favourite levels now, and my poor archer has only plucked up the courage to do about half of the surface so far! Ziroc, some of your levels are just too good! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Thank-you!

[ 10-10-2004, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:46 AM   #2
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

The haunted Isle is one of my favorite additions to EfU so far. The atmosphere is awsome as you mentioned but it is also a fun challange.

The vampires in the crypt are sme of the best vampires I have seen. That is how they should be built imho anyway.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:01 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

First there was Undermountain! Then came the opening of the front door and the world of AD&D to the far left is a forest filled with 9 ft tall Trolls, evil Rangers and who knows what else but, between the two you find the DOCKs and a ship ready to take you to your doom on the Haunted Isle both places will help you learn what death is all about and get you ready for lvl's 14-17 in the lower void of undermountain where death is your only escape. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh

I scared myself!!
Old 10-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

The Hauntedd Isle is one of my favourate places as well. Watch out for the soul skeletons those buggers are difficult at lower levels.

Also Trollbark forrest is a fun place to be and soon to lead to the High Moor Mountains.

Fun for the whole family
Old 10-10-2004, 07:56 PM   #5
Mercc
Dungeon Master

Since the High Morrs are not open yet and I slipped in by some computer hic-cup, I guess that means I was the first to adventure in the Morrs!

Mercc
Mercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 08:41 PM   #6
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

The high moors have been open for play testing for a while Mercc. Dont mean to dissapoint you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2004, 09:11 PM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Sure the High Moors don't have much to show but there is a big beastie to slay there at the moment.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:16 PM   #8
Mercc
Dungeon Master

Teri-sha,

It's okay. I was hoping. I know I wrote about my unplanned adventure there back about the 15th of September and somebody thought it wasn't open yet. Oh well.

Mercc
Mercc is offline   Reply With Quote