Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-02-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

I wonder if the thief stronghold is taken from you when you join with Bohdi. Im incredibly evil and dont want to work with someone who isnt at least undead!

I also have a question about the quests of the stronghold. i have waited a long time, but all quests that have been given are the one with Me'var's vengeful lover and the one with Kreto stealing. The latter didnt go so well and Kretor quit. Is there any more quests to be had?
Old 06-02-2004, 12:47 PM   #2
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

You can't join with Bodhi if you have the thief stronghold...
Old 06-02-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

Spoiler
No. Just those quests. You should have docked Kretor's pay and he'd of killed the thief himself.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:09 PM   #4
Tyrion
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
You can't join with Bodhi if you have the thief stronghold...
No? Then I will get rid of it right away...it's only a loss anyway!
Old 06-02-2004, 02:17 PM   #5
bjorn
Zhentarim Guard

You can't join with bohdi if you have the thief stronghold because bohdi rejects thiefs.

This can be altered wtih mods i think.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:53 PM   #6
Imrahil
Elminster

bjorn is right - in an unmodded game, you won't be able to side with Bodhi at all if you're a Thief, so there's no reason to get rid of the Guild unless you really want to.

I can't remember which MOD let's Thieves side with Bodhi, but if you want to add some extra quests to a future game (I don't think it will work if you already have the Guild), try out the Expanded Thief Guild MOD at...
http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/winelodge/79/

It adds a few more quests & interactions & is bug-free as far as I can tell.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:24 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Bodhi will refuse to employ True-class Thieves. I can't really give exact specifics, as I don't side with Bodhi very often, but from what I've heard you can still work for her if you are Multiclassed, or Dual-classed with your non-Thief half active. So, therefore, those characters could get the Thief Stronghold and still accept Bodhi's offer.

Bodhi will not refuse PCs that already have the Thieves' Guild (see above); rather, working for her will cause you to lose the guild. Also of note is the fact that Renal Bloodscalp's building changes if you accept Bodhi's offer, so don't store anything there in Chapter 2 if you're going to work for Bodhi.

The standard Thief Stronghold only has the 2 dull quests, as Dirty Meg and Imrahil have said. Gebhard Blucher's Improved Thief Stronghold expands on this, makes Mae'Var a more formidable opponent, and provides gear to replace the Short Sword of Backstabbing (which you cannot obtain if you accept the Thieves' Guild).
Old 06-04-2004, 03:44 PM   #8
Tyrion
Quintesson

hmmm...joined Bohdi but the guild is still mine and working. Will I lose it the next time Im supposed to pay my due?
Old 06-04-2004, 04:58 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrion:
hmmm...joined Bohdi but the guild is still mine and working. Will I lose it the next time Im supposed to pay my due?
That must be due to some mod, do doubt designed by the same sort of people who want to romance everybody at the same time, and run all the strongholds at once.