Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 05-13-2001, 02:43 AM   #1
Mark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'd love to listen to the music without having to be at my computer, but Darkstone songs are very scarce on both Napster and WinMX. Are they in a particular folder on the CD? I cant find them anywhere. I converted the ones from both Fallout and Fallout 2, and have quite an awesome soundtrack. Very mood setting. Any thoughts?

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 05:18 AM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Not really sure on this, but I suspect these files are extracted and installed to your pc. If you are looking for the Audran song, it is the "data14" video clip. There should also be a music.mtf file, but I have no idea how to extract the soundtrack from it - sorry

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 10:24 AM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

is it on the disk?

think FreeRip might work?
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 03:04 PM   #4
Kahlan Amnell
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To convert the music file to MP3...

Copy the file "music.mtf" on the Darkstone CD to your desktop. Right-click on the file and select "Properties". At the top of the Properties box you'll see a text box containing the filename "music.mtf". Change the filename to read "music.mp3". Click OK and the computer will ask you if you want to rename the read-only file to "music". Click Yes and you will see the icon for the file change to whatever the standard icon is for the default media player you use. Click on the file and start listening!
Of course, the file is all one long soundtrack of about 35 mins, so to separate it into the bits you want, you can always open the file using Sound Recorder and just start hacking it down into the different songs. It's a bit time-consuming but easy to do once you get the hang of it...

If you want the Audren song, it's easiest to find it on Napster. I used VideoWave 4 to extract the song from the video part of it, but it was a LOT easier to just find it on Napster. Of course, it's not as easy to use Napster anymore, so good luck!

------------------
~Kahlan Amnell-Rahl~
Kahlan Amnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 03:10 PM   #5
Kahlan Amnell
Elite Waterdeep Guard

PS!! Sorry, forgot to add this...
When searching for the song on Napster, ONLY search for "Audren" as the artist. Don't try to search for both the song AND the artist. Otherwise Napster will just mess with you. I just tried it a minute ago using only "Audren" and pulled up 3 copies. If you want to make it easy and circumvent the whole search thing, here's the usernames of the Napster folks who I know have the song. Just add them to your hotlist and next time they're online, browse their files and snag Audren's song!

Seidaku
howard_c_c
matakardza

Good luck!

------------------
~Kahlan Amnell-Rahl~
Kahlan Amnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 08:19 AM   #6
Mark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

WOW...it works!

Sweeeeet!!