Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-16-2001, 11:48 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK I didn't want to have to do this. I thought that everyone would have the maturity and and courtesy to respect each other and self-moderate themselves without my having to issue a set of guidelines. Based on the last couple of Bar threads, looks like I was wrong.

Well, I'm a very simple person, really, so my guidelines (which I thought were obvious) are as follows:

BG2 BAR ROLEPLAYING GUIDELINES

1. No flaming of other people. Friendly ribbing is ok, but don't get personal and don't take things personally.

2. No spamming. Single word or single sentence posts are out. This is not intended to be a chat thread, you are all welcome to go to the General Discussion Forum if you want to chat. Posting about non-BG2 issues does not belong here. This includes posting about fluffies, pillow fights that go for 300 posts, or anything else that I can't find a remote BG2 connection on.

3. No profanity. It amazes me that people can behave so differently here as in RL. Unfortunately some people have been pushing the boundaries of this so I am asking you to restrain from it altogether.

Lord Shield and Melusine are the proprietors of this bar, please respect their requests. Please let me know if these guidelines are not being adhered to.

I want all the text that I have colored in on this post to be pasted onto the front of every BG2 BAR thread from now on, since we all seem to forget these basic etiquette of courtesy and respect for others.

Thanks, let's try this all over again.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 06-16-2001).]
Old 06-16-2001, 12:06 PM   #2
Rand Al'Thor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree 200%!

------------------

So says the Lord of Terror,and so it is written.
Old 06-16-2001, 12:08 PM   #3
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

I'd just like to add Sazeracs comments which I think were very valid. I hope you agree and don't mind Memnoch.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Just as another RULE OF THUMB:

Please do NOT make attacks, even in "joke", about real people who are not here, ESPECIALLY if those attacks are in considerably questionable taste.

Old 06-16-2001, 01:23 PM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Where any of my posts the reason for the closing of the Bar?
Old 06-16-2001, 02:29 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It's not by any one person. It's a culmination of a type of behaviour that I have noticed in the last 2 threads. I was tempted to close it outright, but there are people there who have been making a genuine attempt to roleplay and come up with funny and creative posts, and I felt it would not be fair on them.

So let's try this again and see if we can abide by these simple guidelines (which most of us can do in real life, believe it or not).

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 03:16 PM   #6
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Hmm I sincerly hope I wasnt the cause of any of that, although I admit I did do a 3 word post last night. Ah well we get to start anew.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 03:18 PM   #7
Lord Shield

Hopefully we can avoid the friction betwee nmembers we've had before. Thanks, Mnemoch.
When should I open a ne wbar thread? or will you re-open the new one?

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 06-16-2001).]

Old 06-16-2001, 03:21 PM   #8
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Heres the deal:you treat me like a human being, and I stop ubering.
Ditl and Gwhanos order a drink and tell tales of their quests and conquests

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY! :1diablo:

Old 06-16-2001, 03:28 PM   #9
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Damn I just looked at the end of that thread with people screaming obscenities at me, where the hell did that come from, a single post their about some joke charecter I made up and boom. If I was online around then I would have been neckdeep in flamewar, and probably banned. I just dont see how that happened.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 04:46 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Bump this for a few days, so people have a change to read it (in case they don't read the main bar thread. Thank you

------------------