Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-04-2003, 06:12 PM   #1
Mel
The Magister

Spoilers (I guess)
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I just picked up Keldorn and I decided to go straight to the government district to get the family crisis out of the way as soon as possible. Only problem was that upon arriving there Keldorn doesn't even mention his family. The most I can get out of him is the 'Here is my estate' dialogue when passing his house. Going into the house has no effect, neither does attempting to talk to him (hey, it might've worked). While I guess this isn't really a game-killing bug (I sure hope it isn't), I'd like to get it sorted, I don't like it when stuff doesn't happen when it's meant to.
Can anyone help me? Please.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:31 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Have you tried having Keldorn actually walk over and talk to the family? Also, have you downloaded the latest patch?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 11:06 PM   #3
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
There may be a timer for this quest where it won't get rolling until Keldorn has been in your party for awhile. Try continuing and see if it works in a few days.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 02:02 PM   #4
Mel
The Magister

Sir Goulum, oh yes I've talked to his family. They scream about thieves. I dunno if I have the latest patch but I do have one for ToB that's always worked in the past.

Olorin, I'm sure there isn't a timer because I almost always do Keldorn's family quest immediately after getting him in the party. I guess it's worth a try though. My other option is uninstalling all the mods I'm using (and there are quite a few) and seeing if one of those is causing it.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:05 PM   #5
Annatar
Mephistopheles

isn't it so that you have 2 sleep once until you can trigger the family quest... sometimes when a quest isn't triggerd I sleep 1 time and then the right person is there or he will talk to you ect.. just a thought