Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-03-2003, 02:56 PM   #1
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Why!? Why do people constantly bog down my e-mail address with CHAIN LETTERS! "Send this to 20 people and your crush will ask you out" ITS TOTAL *@&%#$!!!

Look at this one which somebody sent me, this just sent me so mad!

>
> You only get one!!!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Now scroll down and think of your
>
>
>crush!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
>
>
>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
>
>
>
>
>*
>
>
>

(Scrolly pattern edited out)

>
>
>Did you think of your crush?
>
>
>
>I hope so, that was
>
>
>your last chance.
>
>
>Now pay very close attention, this is an
>
>
>important message!
>
>
>Sorry but once read, it must be sent.
>
>
>Yes, this is one of those chain
>
>
>letters that everyone hates. This one has been going since 1863 and if you break this chain, you will pay!!!!!! Remember that after hearing these stories.
>
>
>First Example:
>
>
>Take Barbara Wallace. She was a pretty lucky girl, up till she got this same chain letter. She had a crush on the same kid since kindergarden. when she got this mail she didn't pay any attention to it. She just thought, no big deal. And deleted it. The next day her dad got
>
>
>fired and her Mom dies in a car crash. If she would have sent the letter none of that would have happened and her Mom would be alive.
>
>
>Second Example:
>
>
>Try Freddie D. Now Freddie D. was your average nerd. Had glasses, was short and chubby, was in gifted. All the signs of your total dork. He also received this letter and sent it to 51 people in the h! our. Now, like Barbara, he had a crush on a girl since 3rd grade. The next day after sending the chain the girl confessed her love for him ever
>
>
>since 3rd grade. Freddie D. finally had the courage to ask her out, and of course, she had been waiting to yes to that for years. They grew up and married each other to live happily forever.
>
>
>Third Example:
>
>
>Now if you couldn't relate to the others, this'll get ya hooked. Listen to this. A kid named Jordan Johnson was just ! getting on AOL to check his mail. He was a quiet kid, not that popular but not a geek either. he was just normal. He saw he had mail from his friend. It was this exact letter. Now Jordan Johnsen was a smart kid and he knew what could happen if he didn't pass it on. He simply pulled a few friends from his buddy list and sent it along. The next day, about that same time, he got
>
>
>a phone call. It said he had won the lottery! then his dad came home and bought him a new bike! His Mom bought him Nintendo64 and play station! His grandmother sent him a new computer, and his best friend gave him tickets to the concert he wanted to go to, Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit! Then he inherited a brand-new TV from his aunt! He was goin' wild! the next day his secret crush asked him out, and they have been going out ever since.
>
>
>Now, you heard the stories. I know which person I'd rather be, but that's up to you. I wouldn't wanna end up like Barbara but that's only me. We all want what we cant have but now's ur chance to go out with that special somebody ur waiting for. Take it or leave it. I! f you send this to 1 person- you will lose all luck in ur love life.......
>
>
>
>forever!!!!!
>
>
>
>10 people- your crush will say they like you as a friend....... ONLY!!!!!
>
>15 people- your crush will say they like you
>
>20 people- your crush will ask you out!
>
>
>
>25 people- your crush will french kiss you!!
>
>
>30 people or more- all of the above!!!!
>
>
>
>Don't blow it, it's ur chance to shine! Have everything u wanted, and more! Now, complaining cus u don't have any friends. Well there's an answer 4
>
>
>everything. It's simple, just go in a
>
>
>chat room, pick some names and send
>
>
>away! But here's the catch.....you
>
>
>only
>
>
>have one hour to send it after being
>
>
>read.
>

What annoys me:

1) "This letter has been going since 1863"?? Kinda clever since the internet has only been round a few years
2) Someone is sick enoguh to say their parents will die if they dont send this message!! Its sick
3) I feel happy for the third child who got some limp bizkit and kid-rock tickets in 1863!! Pre-ordering really has taken a step into madness
4) Lets be honest, a letter can not make your "Crush" like you!!

IT IS PATHETIC! PATHETIC AND ANNOYING! I WISH THESE PEOPLE WHO SEND OR CREATE WOULD JUST STOP BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND!! RAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Wheres my battle axe?
Old 03-03-2003, 03:02 PM   #2
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Man! I've never something like that before! I totally agree with the sick part. Who can send mails like this, threatening to kill someone's parents or involve them in serious "accidents". Man, you are right, that is total and utter BS! Do you have the address it was sent from? Maybe you can send them a "nice" reply.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:06 PM   #3
Lord High Eater of Legs
Zhentarim Guard

you missed one out, since when can kids do the lottery? these letters make me [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] I usually scroll down to see who first sent it, and hate mail their inbox, by spamming them with pictures of cats from Rate my kitty! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2003, 03:09 PM   #4
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I could just sign them up to lots of dirty sites Hehehe. Revenge. I've mailed her telling her to grow up.. (Putting it nicely)
Old 03-03-2003, 03:11 PM   #5
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

LOL! Thats a good point there Legsy! Never saw that one!
Old 03-03-2003, 03:18 PM   #6
tower
The Magister

LOL
This remembers me about a movie someone told me about "The Ring" - do not watch alone at night! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2003, 03:29 PM   #7
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Having a dead mother and unemployed dad is bad, getting dates, money, games etc. is good... how many pages do they need for explaining that?
Ah, I get it... guys will go "Lots'a text here, they're prolly right then..."
Old 03-03-2003, 05:44 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

man, you must be very brave to open a mail whom sender you do not know.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:06 PM   #9
Brennihelvete

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] funny stuff. I cant see how anyone would take that letter serious...
Old 03-03-2003, 06:15 PM   #10
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I hate all junk mail in my inbox, but chain letters are even worse, because they are sent by people who are supposed to be your friends, yet they waste your time with these stupid chain letters. It really frustrates me as well.
I neve get them anymore and here is my secret. Once I get an initial chain letter from somone. I send them a reply politely asking them not to waste my time with anymore stupid chain letters, because I don't find them entertaining, and I don't read them so even sending me one is wasting both our time. Then if they are my friend, they simply stop sending them to, and if they continue, then they are not my friend and I block them. easy as that I still get the occasional one on accident, but they are few and far between.