Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 07:03 PM   #31
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Yorick, just wanted to make sure you saw my post to you in the now locked thread. It is the very last post. No need to reply, just didn't want you to miss it
Old 10-10-2001, 07:04 PM   #32
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Look, not to be rude, but I don't know how people even manage to get through the day if they can't realise that someone disagreeing with their opinion is not an attack on them!

Truth indeed, Epona. As a teacher, I'd be hard-pressed if I took everything my students said to me personally! Some of the stuff they come up with...ah well, that's another topic altogether.

Old 10-10-2001, 07:12 PM   #33
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Yorick, just wanted to make sure you saw my post to you in the now locked thread. It is the very last post. No need to reply, just didn't want you to miss it
Hey, I saw it, read it. You're a legend. It was much appreciated. Cheers Dio.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 10-10-2001, 08:34 PM   #34
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

What have you guys done now?

All the exciting stuff happens when I'm asleep or driving to work! Can't comment on the Christianity thread since I haven't read it yet. Will read it now to satisfy my curiosity.

So the new forum's up already, is it? Must go check it out.

------------------
Old 10-10-2001, 08:52 PM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
What have you guys done now?

All the exciting stuff happens when I'm asleep or driving to work! Can't comment on the Christianity thread since I haven't read it yet. Will read it now to satisfy my curiosity.

So the new forum's up already, is it? Must go check it out.
LOL..yes, it's up, sleepyhead! Check your email someday too!

Epona, no worries, I know we are both on edge. Let's just forget this one, if ok with you?

Dio? Et tu? LOL.. women everywhere will see this.. you know that, they can sense such comments!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 09:38 PM   #36
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
LOL..yes, it's up, sleepyhead! Check your email someday too!

Can you send it to my work one? I'm at work. I'm in a different timezone to you here in Australia.

------------------
Old 10-10-2001, 09:52 PM   #37
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Can you send it to my work one? I'm at work. I'm in a different timezone to you here in Australia.
NO! Really? AUSTRALIA? OH MY! And here I thought you were from Boston! *giggle* Sent, dear, don't work too hard.. hehe, like THAT's a possibility.. HAHAHAHA *ducks and runs to set up the storm cover for a getaway*

Alassra

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-10-2001, 10:21 PM   #38
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
Dio...I hope its ok to post this on your thread, but I didn't think my post needed its own thread.

To those in charge... I just logged on and noticed that three of the moost spirited debates of the last few days have been deleted. Part 2 of Liliara's "How Ya Like Us Now", AboveTheRimYo's "US taught a lesson....will it ever learn from it?" Thread, and Dio's "On Cowardice" thread.

WHY?!?

Granted, those threads were getting a bit volatile, but that is no reason to delete them. If this is going to be the response of IW and its Mods then IW isn't the place I thought it was, and I believe I need to seriously reevaluate my membership.

A response is eagerly awaited and sincerely appreciated.

Nachtrafe

Nachtrafe, before you jump to conclusions, see the new forum . I just moved all those posts over to that forum. I didn't delete them..

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-10-2001, 10:25 PM   #39
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Ziroc, again with respect, I wish you would reconsider this.

Why should the content of the forum be restricted by a few people who are not willing to live and let live thread wise, who complain about threads that they don't like when all they have to do is not read them?

Shall I start emailing you with complaints about all the types of threads that I don't care for? I could do that you know. Instead of doing that, however, I respect the right of others to talk about whatever topics they want. If I am not interested, I simply don't bother with those topics. I fail to understand why certain others apparently are not extending the same courtesy.

Why not drop it? You knew when you posted that, that is was a volatile subject. In fact, the last few threads you've started have been.. Many feel that this is creating a tense feeling here, and I AGREE. Now I don't mind a good debate, but come on.. Ease up Pumpkin.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-10-2001, 10:32 PM   #40
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I too agree that it isn't fair to close threads because a minority didn't like the discussion. If there is flaming, fine - but if certain people don't like the topic, then they should stay out of the thread, not try to get the thread closed.
That comes fairly close to book-burning if you ask me.
Sorry Ziroc, I hate to disagree with you.

It's not just about that, these types of posts are totally stressing MANY people out.. just seeing the headers is doing this too.. I know I can't please everyone, I try but when I decide to do something, I know some won't like it, but I hope they can respect my choice as webmaster and owner or Ironworks. It's hard to do..

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks