Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-25-2001, 01:51 PM   #21
Mel
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by hagimihale:
[B]Anomen does have a rather annoying attitude but he's been very solid for me so far. I've actually been carrying both him and Viconia in my group for a while and its worked out fine. There are so many quests that involve undead that it was a help to have access to twice the # of cleric spells.

Now I have to choose between them as I want to add Keldorn into the party. Might decide to keep both and drop Jahiera instead: her multiclass status makes for very slow level development. But I have to say that Jahiera's summon insects and insect swarm spells have been very useful against mages. Tough decision here.
B]
Drop Viconia. Whatever you do DO NOT have Viconia and Keldorn in the same party for very long. It just doesn't work.

Old 09-25-2001, 02:10 PM   #22
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Give Anomen the following and buff with spells as necessary.

Red Dragon Scale Armour( or, Armour of the Hart/Gorgon Plate)
Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise( or, Gauntlets of Dexterity)
Dragon Helm( or, Helmet of Defense)
Amulet of Power
Crom Faeyr
Dragon Shield( reserve Shield of Balduran and Shield of Harmony in his inventory)
Ring of Gaxx
Ring of Earth Control
Cloak of Mirroring
Boots of Speed
Belt of Inertial Barrier( no need STR girdle, you got Crom Faeyr)

Spells to use with Anomen,

Draw Upon Holy Might
Righteous Magic
Regeneration
Blade Barrier

You know... ... Anomen was the only NPC who had more kills than my 3rd Sorcerer... ... he died the most often also though.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-25-2001, 02:10 PM   #23
hagimihale
Manshoon

damn, that's too bad. I've enjoyed having her in the party. What about that Cursed Helm of Alignment Change? Will that help? Spoilers ok...
Old 09-25-2001, 03:08 PM   #24
Haladar
Dungeon Master

Anomen...well he has a stupid accent and he's arrogant. He is a pretty good cleric if that's what you need. I don't have him though because I have Aerie and Jaheira and i'm a Paladin. I've got the turn Undead and ive got plenty of cleric spells.

----------------
Old 09-25-2001, 03:40 PM   #25
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

I took Anomen along with my party, he got the quest and he totally changes, he seems more grumpy with Jan around btw. Ano does a good job now, without complaining and is actually becoming a worthy addition to my party

------------------
There's something in your eyes, ah no, I see now, it's the reflection of my deadly gaze - Mirac Honorguard
(Necromancer)
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Old 09-25-2001, 03:51 PM   #26
Player Offender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anomen is the most annoying homobag in baldurville, but he is without a doubt i great party member. He can wear armor, has decent HP, and is without a doubt the best cleric in game, even though Viconia is hotter.
Old 09-25-2001, 04:10 PM   #27
Sorcerer Alex

If people complain that Anomen isn't a tough character, they are simply playing him wrong. Buy him the girdle of hill giant strength, get him the gauntlets of dexterity, some decent armor, a good mace, and see how tough he becomes. Especially after he gets knighted.

------------------

Old 09-26-2001, 12:50 AM   #28
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
If people complain that Anomen isn't a tough character, they are simply playing him wrong. Buy him the girdle of hill giant strength, get him the gauntlets of dexterity, some decent armor, a good mace, and see how tough he becomes. Especially after he gets knighted.

He did get knighted in my party and then promptly got stomped
into the ground by picking a fight with Jan. Sure do love
the Flasher Launcher.
Old 09-26-2001, 10:46 AM   #29
Lin Sivvi the Paladin
Dungeon Master

Oh, Anomen, Mr. Arrogant just got kicked out of the party yesterday, basically useless and one major brat. Who needs Anomen anyways? His cleric spells can be replaced by Aerie, Jaheira. His fighting skills can be replaced by Keldorn, Korgan, Minsc.
Old 09-26-2001, 12:25 PM   #30
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Grr, when he woz saying how uncapaple I woz of achieving that stuff up in Baldur's Gate, I turned a flesh to stone spell on him right away. Sadly, he woz immune, so I got Minsc to kill him and then expelled his arrogant corpse from my party. Goodbye, B*******