Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 12:27 PM   #11
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Well i have had several...and its hard to pick just one out as i havent had kids or been married which usually seem to take the cake it seems.
So this isnt perhaps the best moment of my life as i really wouldnt be able to pinpoint that...
But when i was walking up the path to Borobudur i was struck by the absolute majesty of the place. It filled my heart and mind with utter admiration and awe at the ones who had made the place and at what it represented. As I reached the top where all those Buddhas are in those bell like formations...I was totally blown away. It still affects my life today because that was probably one of the most spiritual places i have ever been.
Now on a similar note i had the same sort of awed inspiration when i walked into the Sistine Chapel (regardless of the crowd) and St. Peters. The place was so majestic...so perfectly placed, so incredibly constructed that i felt that i was blessed just to have been there. They are both amazing structures.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:52 PM   #12
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
I was 15 but in Europe you can drink at 16. And given that I did look slightly older I had no problems whatsoever. I can't believe how incredibly strict America is on alcohol. And yes, I did have a rather successful holiday with regards to females. Take my word for it
Oh! I was just teasing! Sorry. *sulks away in shame*

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-10-2001, 05:04 PM   #13
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

lets see, good things in my life... hmm, only a few to choose from, all very good... i think i will use the one that i hold over people's heads the most and makes me the most proud: winning State at an Academic Bowl.

Alright then, it was April 7th of this year when this happened. We were on the National Champion OU campus in Norman, Oklahoma, a suburb of Oklahoma City, for the state bowl. Me and my team had been slaughtered the previous year, not even placing and being driven out in the first two rounds we played. However, this year was different as we (or the 2 people that do something) had been working very hard over the summer, and we were taking the Academic Team class at school. Anyways, we quickly defeated the first two teams handily, but the third one was a slight challenge, although they still fell, allowing us to take a long break before finals. When the break was over though we had to return to our seats and resume playing (I'm captain, btw, so i get the second seat). in the first round of finals, we are defeated, but it is double-elimination, so we get another crack at it. we come back, and win by a grand total of ninety points! Myself and my whole team rejoiced, even though only two people (myself and Eric Peterson, my co-captain) actually did anything. We got a huge plaque, and after a few hours at the mall we went home! I finally proved that I am truly the smartest now-eigth grader in the state (captain is the smartest), and I also showed everyone that Sallisaw can hold its own in Academics as well as athletics and just recently band!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-10-2001, 05:16 PM   #14
H. Sedai

Congratulations Sephiroth!! It must have been a great feeling receiving that award. I'm certain that your parents are quite proud of you.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey