Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2001, 11:01 AM   #11
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I got sent this by her today. It's not a letter to me, rather a record of thought process. Have a squizz.

Being single is liberating. A breath of air after many years of being a 'one' with another person. I like living alone. I like having my independence and having the freedom to do what I want when I want. I love that I am not accountable to anyone but myself and that I can have a full and busy social schedule without having to worry about 'the relationship.'

I like getting up in the middle of the night and writing. Or sitting on the sofa at three in the morning just staring into space. I like rolling across the entire width of the bed or sleeping diagonally, or whichever way I like. I am an island. An island happily floating from this day to the next.

My life is happy and full of friends and family. It is filled with work and beaches and nights out and music. It has variety and colour and sparkle and I try and savour one moment and then the next. There are no more plans or forward thinking. Life is too short and who knows what miracles God has in store for tomorrow?

All in all, the sun shines brightly and I dance my own dance.

This embodies all that is selfish and unthinking. Too many don't get to the Doona untill they have tossed away the rewards of sharing oneself completely.

I hope you have healed guy, umm addmittedly I don't know how long you have been
divorced/seperated. Take care.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-21-2001, 08:00 PM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
This embodies all that is selfish and unthinking. Too many don't get to the Doona untill they have tossed away the rewards of sharing oneself completely.

Damn. Fear of this sort of response made me reluctant to put this up. Must honesty and openness be written off like this? I appreciate the sentiment Magik, but "unthinking" she certainly is not. It's her way of finding the best out of a shitty experience.

I didn't post this for sympathy, but to share what I believed to be a positive idea. Yes it cut me as I obviously am central to the experience being related, and her grief wreaks me. However viewed from a distance, it contains what so much of life is about, and coming from her experiences in life - not even including our marriage and divorce (which I won't go into here and now) - is an incredible step.

Bugger. I did not wish to demonise her. This starts to exposes a side of my life that I felt uncomfortable in showing, yet risked to share the positive with others. Perhaps I should pull this down.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-22-2001, 12:55 AM   #13
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Damn. Fear of this sort of response made me reluctant to put this up. Must honesty and openness be written off like this? I appreciate the sentiment Magik, but "unthinking" she certainly is not. It's her way of finding the best out of a shitty experience.

I didn't post this for sympathy, but to share what I believed to be a positive idea. Yes it cut me as I obviously am central to the experience being related, and her grief wreaks me. However viewed from a distance, it contains what so much of life is about, and coming from her experiences in life - not even including our marriage and divorce (which I won't go into here and now) - is an incredible step.

Bugger. I did not wish to demonise her. This starts to exposes a side of my life that I felt uncomfortable in showing, yet risked to share the positive with others. Perhaps I should pull this down.

I always support you!