Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2001, 12:32 PM   #1
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Something I noticed while browsing around the Baldurs Gate + TotSC section. Almost all the people who post there are newbies i havent seen anywhere else, while here in the General Discussions section you dont often see people with under 100 posts (Im an exception ). Are they afraid? Maybe one should put up a sign in the BG and BG II sections (among others) saying DON'T BE AFRAID TO COME TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION SECTION WE DON'T BITE cause i think it is really fun here and these people are missing something.
Old 08-23-2001, 12:34 PM   #2
Rikard

some people come in because they have a burning question and just want that question answered without having the desire to enter an "Interet Community"

You can't force people to come in here

------------------

The Rocks show the way

Old 08-23-2001, 12:35 PM   #3
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Ive been posting ..... Though I think maybe a lot of them just have the sole pupose of getting help w/ Baldurs Gate ... I may be wrong though ... personally I think all the boards are great and more people should explore them.
Old 08-23-2001, 12:38 PM   #4
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

We get a lot of newbies in here that make 1 or 2 posts on a subject and then disappear. I was that way for quite awhile myself. Spending most of my time in the BGII forum and only occasionally stopping in here to post. A lot of people come here after finishing BGI, BGII, ToB, W&W...but by then they usually are no longer newbies.

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 08-23-2001, 12:56 PM   #5
Moni

I was unaware of the existence of the GD forum until around March of this year when I had been done with my game of W&W for about a month and it was brought to our attention that we should come over here and at least say "Hi".
I am glad I did. Participating in conversations here has been quite an experience and I met some great people I would have otherwise missed had I not ventured out of the W&W forum.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 08-23-2001, 01:30 PM   #6
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
A lot of people come here after finishing BGI, BGII, ToB, W&W...but by then they usually are no longer newbies.

Not me - never played any of the BG stable . Now, Darkstone, that's a different matter.......

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 08-23-2001).]
Old 08-23-2001, 01:34 PM   #7
Kaz

It took a while for me to find the forum and far more to find the courage to actually post. (Hello newbies I know youre lurking out there somewhere do try posting we need your conversation we dont bite [at least most of us]). I went on a posting spree yesterday and am now cured of that problem .
Old 08-23-2001, 04:19 PM   #8
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I know what you mean. You always find newbies in one of the game sections. They never seem to come here either. The general discussion section was the first place I came too. The only reason was because i've already beaten BG, BG2, and IWD before I came to the forums anyway.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-23-2001, 04:25 PM   #9
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I was unaware of the existence of the GD forum

I think this belongs in the Is it possible to know anything at all thread

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 08-23-2001, 04:27 PM   #10
Kaz

last time i checked, the is it possible to know anything at all thread was wondering whether the world was being dreamed by butterflies - have things changed?