Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-09-2000, 02:44 PM   #1
Parsley

I too am looking forward to the release of NWN. One thing I have been wondering about though is the magic system. Are they going to stick with the old method of memorizing a limited number of spells which are forgotten on casting or are they going to introduce a 'mana' system? The reason I am asking, is for this reason: what happens in big games when a mage/cleric needs to regain spells. Will all players have to wait for 8 games hours for them to rest, or will the party(s) continue onwards while the magic users slumber for most of the adventure?

I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on this.
Old 11-09-2000, 10:57 PM   #2
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I assume that this has already been answered in one way or another, but when
there are 7+ people on a server, how will casters get back their spells? In other words, with
real-time passing for one group, how can another group rest for 8 hours to allow spells to
refresh?
For gameplay reasons, we're making resting instantaneous. We'll limit that,
however, by putting in a limit on how often you can rest within a given period of time. Also,
we're considering adding in an adrenaline factor - if you've just been fighting, you need to
calm down a bit before you can get some sleep. The details are a little complex for a chat
but we'll be explaining it in more detail later. Thanks.
UnForGiven is offline   Reply With Quote