Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2004, 10:49 PM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

furniture arrangments?
how do you do it?
I just got a new chair..well not new, it is a very old recliner, one like I have never seen before, it does not match the couch or love seat in any possible way, the color is gree/gold/brown,with wood arms, the couch and love seat are hues of grey lavender and a dark forest green modern art style, no wood showing, the couch is about 6 feet, the love seat is about 4 feet, the chair is about 2 1/2 to 3 feet, they all 3 stick out about 3 feet, the main problem is this, my living room only measures 17 X 20, no matter how I arrange them, it does not work, although there is enough room for the kids to move between the couch and love seat, an adult will have a hard time, so how do you figure out where things will fit? note this does not include the T.V or the desk we have coming...

ok, I know there is probably not much you could tell me, seeing as how you do not know the layout, just needed to rant a minute....
*wanders off singing "they're coming to take me away ha ha, he he"*.....
Old 06-05-2004, 10:51 PM   #2
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:

*wanders off singing "they're coming to take me away ha ha, he he"*.....
Who? Not the Ginsters men?
Old 06-05-2004, 10:54 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

no, the men in white coats, ask anyone here, I should have been taken away along time ago
oh and on the plus side of things, I now have a washing machine that works, although it is older than my husband, but still no dryer or hot water, but hey, I am moving up

[ 06-05-2004, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 06-05-2004, 10:59 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Do you believe in Feng Shui? I arrange my funitures i my house according to Feng Shui.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:06 PM   #5
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

have no idea what that is Kakero :/ I just want to be able to walk into the living room sit down, and still be able to go to the girls room when I need to
Old 06-05-2004, 11:16 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

ahh nevermind then. [img]smile.gif[/img] btw, if you can't accomodate all the funitures into the room. you might want to take off a couple of least used funitures into other rooms/storeroom. that'll create enough space to move about. the love seat for example, can be put into your bedroom. * cough *
Old 06-05-2004, 11:31 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Put the chair in a corner if it doesn't fit with the rest of the furniture. That way it is still there, but not really amongst the other furniture. Feng Shui would probably just tell you to put all of the furniture in a circle. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-05-2004, 11:33 PM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
it is a very old recliner, one like I have never seen before, it does not match the couch or love seat in any possible way, the color is gree/gold/brown,with wood arms
I think the right place for it would be the dump...

sorry, just kidding... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2004, 04:02 AM   #9
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Put the chair in the bathroom then you can sit on it when taking a shower LOL

[ 06-06-2004, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 06-06-2004, 11:07 AM   #10
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
ahh nevermind then. [img]smile.gif[/img] btw, if you can't accomodate all the funitures into the room. you might want to take off a couple of least used funitures into other rooms/storeroom. that'll create enough space to move about. the love seat for example, can be put into your bedroom. * cough *
no room in the bedroom, the waterbed takes up that room
Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Put the chair in a corner if it doesn't fit with the rest of the furniture. That way it is still there, but not really amongst the other furniture. Feng Shui would probably just tell you to put all of the furniture in a circle. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
perhaps I should explain this better, I live in a single wide trailer, the chair is in the corner, but it is right beside the love seat [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
[quote]Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Quote:
it is a very old recliner, one like I have never seen before, it does not match the couch or love seat in any possible way, the color is gree/gold/brown,with wood arms
I think the right place for it would be the dump...

sorry, just kidding... [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTEit is a good chair, in nice condition, just needed to do something about the color, not a fan of the colors, but I covered it with a sheet, until I can get some slip covers for all of it, well, I think it is the best I can do with it, but now, I have to move the T.V. table and bar stools to get to the utility closet to get the vaccum and broom out, oh well, part of living in a place we can afford

]
Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
Put the chair in the bathroom then you can sit on it when taking a shower LOL
chair will not fit in the shower

[ 06-06-2004, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]