Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-13-2003, 09:53 PM   #91
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Just FYI to all those who frequent the Oasis: We have sent mail asking them what's up as I couldn't get to the board or my control area to send a trouble ticket.

The server has a good rep (they're known for being up and functioning over 95% of the time) so I'm assuming this one last long.

We do know that they were doing some upgrades and possibly that affected us. I'll know more when they answer my email, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:51 PM   #92
SomeGuy
Unicorn

G'day guys! I feel awesome! I just got back Falls Creek, a church camp I went to for this past week. It was so cool! I had alot of fun, but probably the best thing is that God really changed me. I feel closer to Him and more spiritual. I'm glad I went. They talked about alot of stuff and I just feel so close to Him now. I'm now adding preacher to my list of job possibilities. I prayed for alot of you guys here at IW and cryed for some of you. I really hope alot of you who don't know Christ grow to accept him. If you want to talk about it though, keep it out of the cafe and PM me, k? I got pranked while sleeping(something that always happens every year) They put icy hot on my deoderent and two pairs of boxers, which I caught before I put everything on. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I got Lousiana hot sauce put in my mouth and spit it back out on my shirt... and the floor... [img]tongue.gif[/img] And last, but not least, they put siran wrap around my legs, like just a long piece just continuely wrapped. So I wake up and I had fallen asleep with my sleeping bag off of me, and I guess they put back on then siran wrapped me. Well I wake up with a burning sensation in my mouth. So sit up and the front of my sleeping bag folds over the siran wrap, so I can't see it and I somehow managed to swing my legs around and try to hop up and can't move, so I just assume my sleeping bags covering me, and when I try again I find out something wrong and lean over to see if my sleeping bag tied to something and I see the siran wrap and think they tied it to the bag strings. [img]tongue.gif[/img] So i try to untie it and find it's wrapped around my legs and slide out and begin unravling it. It was hilarious. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Probably the second best part was the hugs hugs hugs. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Got so many hugs. Note to self, never lay down on the couches their again... people will come and sit on you. So my highschool friend Blake comes and sits on my feet and a n 8th grade girl sits on my knees and another highschool friend Mandy sits on my chest and someone gets a picture. Okay later, these to girls from another cabin come by. One got ambushed and shaving creamed. I MEAN covered from head to toe. And her friend says "I'm looking for someone who'll give my friend a big hug because she's sad, she got shaving creamed really bad. I gave her two. And later a guy's gf sat on his lap and I said "Hey! Public Display of Affection is not allowed" just to be funny. And somehow I ended up with that last highschool girl sitting on me knee... 0.o??? Anyway tonight at church, I got up and talked in front of everyone and taked about what God did for me and about something did during midday worship. They went through the process of making a sword! He took a blank piece of metal, and heated it, and started molding it and going through everything. And as we all know, we can't make a sword in a few hours so they held up a finished blade and then they said we need to be like the blank piece of metal and let God mold us and shape our lives. it was a great experiance. Well, thanks for listening guys. Questions can be asked and will be answered in a series of when I get to them . [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: Forgot to mention tag. We ran around in a friend's car, got someone to come up and tagged them and said "TAG! You're it!" and go off. We'd walk around and do it and even tag people in the cars while walking. It was awesome. I also forgot to mention Ba-Durf! We went around saying "Ba DURF!" and getting others to say it! It was awesome! And pickle races on the windows and McDonalds! We dipped pickle slices into ketchup and sladdered them on the windows. Then the manager came and made us clean it up. I then asked him if he knew Jesus, he said yes. Then went around asking other people too. Was very cool.

[ 07-13-2003, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-14-2003, 12:03 AM   #93
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Nice SomeGuy. Sounds like sweet fun.

I'm back to work tomorrow (I now know what living for the weekend is ) It's funny, cuz the oldest groups are coming in to our camp for the next two weeks (up till 15 year olds) and my boss specifically told me not to get involved with any of them, LOL. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

ADD -> Wow, my post looks REALLY small next to SomeGuy's, lol. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-14-2003, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 07-14-2003, 12:28 AM   #94
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

Hi everyone. Just dropped by to see how Cloudy was doing the last I heard she was out with a bad back. Hope you're well on the mend by now Cloudy. Azred I understand congratulations are in order for you and Belle, sorry they are so late in coming. Attlas I hope you and Galadriel are well. Johnny don't drink all the beer at once, savour it and make it last. Someguy....HEY, long time no see. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2003, 01:01 AM   #95
SomeGuy
Unicorn

CV! It's good to see you again! I've missed you alot! [img]smile.gif[/img] How are you these days? [img]smile.gif[/img] I've been great, it's really good to see ya again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-14-2003, 08:07 AM   #96
mysticelt
Drow Warrior

Good Morning ~Day

Oasis is still down. Happy Bastille Day to our French brethren..and have a good beach party around the Seine this month; sounds like fun.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:45 AM   #97
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Hi all, how ya doin?

CLOUDY, here's your RF report:
Beautiful day!! Perfect weather, in the high 70's with a breeze, so not too hot and not cold at all.
The festival is, well, still fun, but not AS fun as it has been in previous years. They had almost no actors that just stroll around and interact with people (except for the Queen's court), and the people working the booths were rarely in character. I've heard a variety of reasons for this. One person (who knows some of the actors) told me that they didn't hire back the group that usually does the interacting. Someone else told me that they just weren't able to find enough people this year (when we asked, we were told they still had some 30+ job openings). Every year, all the crafts and such for sale seem to get more and more expensive. This is the first year I went that I couldn't afford to buy anything I liked (except some incense and soap, which you can get at any fair). So, while the shows were fun, if it continues to be like this, I don't think it'll be worth my $20 to go. (This was buy one get one free weekend, so it was only $10 a piece for us, though). Guess I'm just disappointed, maybe others had a better time.

Hope Oasis gets back up soon.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:00 AM   #98
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you what Psycho Kitten did last night.

She was bug hunting and was sitting on the futon watching one (that apparently no one could see but her). Suddenly she lept from the futon in a high arch and smacked right into the wall with her whole body. Splat. Just like in a cartoon, and feel straight down. My bf saw the whole thing. I looked over just in time to see a mound of fur hit the wall and then fall down. I've never laughed so hard. Apparently she didn't learn not to jump at the wall, since my Bf had to stop her from doing it 5 minutes later. I'm laughing now, just thinking of it. She just went flat up against the wall, LOL.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:33 AM   #99
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by canadianvixen:
Attlas I hope you and Galadriel are well.
Thank you, we are in the pink. Darn, the Oasis is still down. Why does this always happen in the summer?
Old 07-14-2003, 12:34 PM   #100
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

canadianvixen! Nice to see your bright font here! Thanks so much for your concern. My back is better- been doing therapy several times a week, which is making a difference, if slowly. [img]smile.gif[/img]

SomeGuy, sounds like you really had a fantastic time! But if it were me and those guys pranked like that, I'm not sure I'd be laughing! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Of course, that's probably just showing my age! LOL

Harley, that's really too bad about the ren faire! I've never had it be understaffed when I went, so I can't imagine how that must be. The strolling players interacting with visitors is one of the strong points of the Faire, in my opinon! I do know what you mean about the prices on crafts, though. I didn't buy much on my trip last year and when I did, it was on credit card.

No word yet on Oasis- I'm waiting to hear from the host about our server.

edit: poor psycho Kityy! LOL the funniest thing, is I can actually imagine a cat doing that!

[ 07-14-2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]