Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 04:50 PM   #1
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

No, this isn't a post on warez. It's true. Seriously. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Go here: http://www.anarchy-online.com/free/a.../freecampaign/
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Anyone know if it is any good? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:07 PM   #3
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Rumor has it that the game itself is good, though there are some technical issues associated with it. Granted, most of them have probably been fixed with by now, so there shouldn't be any problem there.

ADD] However, the game itself was released in Sept. 2001. That means that it is probably around 3 1/2 years old, so don't expect it to be as good as WoW.

[ 12-16-2004, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 12-16-2004, 10:12 PM   #4
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Yeah the game is allright, but you do not get any of the expansion packs.
Also, you can only play for a year then its all finished

Here is a working link
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:31 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I really really disliked it.

The concept was interesting. It had potential, but in my opinion they failed.

But don't let this prevent you from trying it! I keep telling people to try as many MMORPG as they can, so that they can get a good opinion of the MMORPG scene.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:56 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

How's the game like? similar to RO ?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 01:41 AM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

No, it's not seen from above, the camera follow behind your character, like most MMORPG.

It's in the future, you can either side with the Corporation, the rebels, or the neutrals.

Then you have some safe zones, and some pvp ones, as far as I remember.

You get an appartment at the start, and you can buy/find furniture.

There was abour 3-4 "races" but they are really humans genetically enginered for different things. Big manual labor guys, Smart guys, sneaky guys and social, if I remember right.

You have different classes, agent, some kind of tech guy that could get pets, warrior...

Missions are randomly generated. You go to a terminal and chose either a group or solo mission, and it give you a list of random missions with a reward like a gun or so.

You choose one, and it tell you to go to a random door. You go in, and you have a randomly generated dungeon. Mission are usually "kill someone, everyone, destroy something, or bring back something".

You come back and you get the reward.

You have to save every once in a while, and the saves are in town. If you die, you lose everything you didn't save.

Once, I was leveling in the forest, and a guy was pursued by two monsters. I attack them and saved him, and he abandon me and I got killed, losing a level.

It's a shame the game didn't turn out too well... me and my friend were planing on being corporate guys and I had already planed ahead what I wanted to do, before I got the game. I really wanted to like this game.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:03 PM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

Just tried it... and I must say it is not so good. at least not as good as Eve. Choosing a target is way too hard, and my guy kept getting killed by a beach leet.

Might try it again soon, but now I'm going to find something not so... multiplayish... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2004, 12:22 PM   #9
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

[img]redface.gif[/img] What class are you? The targetting is a bit hard, but by simply tabbing your way through the creatures, you can find one that's close to you.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:03 PM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

I'm playing and adventurer, seemed like a good choice.