Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 02:54 AM   #1
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Welcome to the Boogre Bar, where you can share your humiliating, astounding, stupid, or just mundane experiences within the Gael Serran! There is a full service bar with elven wines, dwarven ale, and of course BOOGRE BREW! Please, all come and join, we'll have lots of fun!

-Jafin

------------------

I am Jafin, arch-mage of the HADB clan!

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 08-30-2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 09:26 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Give me a brew, Barkeep!!

Nice idea, Jafin!! Way back in the dark ages a lot of friends used to gather in the Compuserve Gamers' Forum chat rooms where we created a "bar", complete with wine cellar, adjacent gardens and a hot tub full of champagne! Oh, and let's not forget the mural on the ceiling painting by yours truly!

Wyv
Old 07-11-2001, 10:42 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hi, Jafin!

What a very good idea! I know the BG2 forum has had a "virtual bar" for some time now; unfortunately, there's been a LOT of problems with people cutting up in there. I don't think we'll have that problem here, though...we ARE talking about W&W!

-Sazerac
Old 07-11-2001, 12:09 PM   #4
Serath
Manshoon

Yep, I agree with Saz. I'll take a barrel of boogre brew while I'm here too.

Serath
Old 07-11-2001, 07:53 PM   #5
andora20
Manshoon

MMmmmmmm boogre brew please, just the thing to get me settled, I'm on the night shift tonight!!!!

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Jugulem
Old 07-11-2001, 08:14 PM   #6
Tananda
Elminster

Oh, Boogre Bar! It's wonderful, Jafin!

May I have some elven wine, please?
I'll just sit somewhere in the bar and be silent (I need to plan my revenge on that dragon... I'm sick and tired of his constant trying to burn me!)...

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 07-11-2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 11:03 PM   #7
Moni

Duh!
Do you gots an ice cold Dr Pepper?
I hopes yous is not going to asks me for gold for it!
Gold Takers is bad! Are you a gold taker?

Moni

Old 07-12-2001, 01:30 AM   #8
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Hello, everyone! Nice place, Jafin! I love the stained glass dragon windows in front! You didn't, um, "acquire" them from a Temple, did you? He, he, jus' kiddin'. I'll start wit' a Boogre Brew, and PLEASE tell me that you have a Dartboard in the back room! Muh Ratlin' friends just LOVE a good game o' Darts!(Just keep an eye on yer purse!) *Dr.Pick draws long on his 1st Boogre Brew of the evening, and settles in to tell a story*

Earlier today, some friends o' mine went adventurin' ta try ta git into the Lost sea area to find some o' doze Bark Horrors ta git ther seeds fer a quest in th' Wizard's Guild! At first, they tried ta climb the wall o' the Town o' Brimloch Roon, but, apparently, they didn't git 'nough excercise, 'cuz they couldn't git all the way up th' WALL! He,He! Well, they fin'lly got tucker'd out, so muh pixie fren', Bob, offers ta try an idear he overheard some Mage named, Sazer-sumptin-er-other tellin' anutter feller 'bout usin' the spell,"Vanish" near Talrik's Shipwreck! So, OFF they went!

They got ta th' spot, an' poor ol' Bob used up all his mana on FAILED SPELLS! Yep, he wuz hotter'n a Horny Toad at Noon! Then, they turn't aroun' only ta see a Jungle Lily turnin' th' corner! Hee,Hee! I wish ah coudda seen der faces at that moment! He,he! Well, turn't out ta be no big deal,'cuz Jackie jus' Firestorm'd the ev'l Lily ta Kin'dom COME! Ah wudda liked ta seen dat too!! Ah, well. Jackie Level'd then, too, so she added "Vanish" ta HER spell book, as well. Then, SHE tried ta Vanish, an' they all fail'd TOO! Needless ta say, by THIS time, ever'body wuz fluster'd.

So, they d'cided ta take a little walk fer some air, an' time ta think. They started walkin' the path when, LO-an-beHOLD, TWO MORE Lilies wuz waitin' in the other corner! He,he, ever'one wuz poisn'd in no time at all! Jackie sent anudder Firestorm in response, an' ever'one RAN fer der LIFE! AN' halfway up th' path, Dragonflies is in d' way! She Firestorm'd DEM too,while lookin' over her shoulder ta see if th' ev'l plants wuz followin' but they wern't.

Several full backpacks an' a bunch more failed spells later, they headed back fer th' town more than a little dis'ppointed! Well, ah hopes ya enjoyed muh tale! May Kerah be with ya!

*Dr.Pick takes another long draught from his Boogre Brew*

+Dr.Pick
Old 07-12-2001, 02:22 AM   #9
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Of course we've got Dr. Pepper Moni! We've got EVERY beverage you can think of. Dart boards in the back, got three of 'em. I didn't *ahem* acquire them from a temple, it was from a Magic Shoppe . Elven Wine shall be served for you Tananda, immediately. I'll get the gnome waiter to serve you. I knew about the virtual bar in the BG2 forum but I totally forgot about it when I decided to open the Boogre Bar! I actually got the idea because so many people have posted experiences they've had and it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to find them all. Might as well keep 'em in one place I thought. The Boogre Bar is open to the public, and as long as you at least know what W&W is, it's FREE!!

-Jafin
Old 07-12-2001, 09:30 AM   #10
Moni

Thank you Jafin!
Taking a big sip of this amazingly cold and completely refreshing Dr Pepper, I look around for my friend from Ft Hood who now has possession of my W&W game (and I know he is playing it!) Tim?! Where are you man?!
He's probably afraid of me typing as much as I talk LOL!

Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-12-2001).]

Closed Thread