Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2001, 11:56 PM   #1
Demoquin
Dungeon Master

i am looking for some good weapons and armor for my team.
Right now i am a little pass Nashkell going for the mines.
Is there any good blunt weps besides the q staff + 1 cuz i have a level 3 Bard with 1 slot spent on blunt weps.( Main Char)

Any Bard out there get a better score than this with out cheating?
str 14
dex 19
con 16 Using a Crossbow and Warhammer at the moment. What level
int 17 would i get a wep slot increase?
wis 10
chr 15

------------------

I am Demoquin, Agent from Hell
Demoquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 01:15 AM   #2
Khanar
Manshoon

spoiler
Not a blunt weapon, but if you do the Prism quest, you can get a nice +2 longsword from a guy in the area where you are (you're on the mine entrance area right?)
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 04:43 PM   #3
Mage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My best bard was

-Strength 18
-Dexterity 18
-Constitution 18
-Intelligence 16
-Wisdom 12
-Charisma 18

but it took me about 3 hours of rolling!

Possible *****SPOILER*****
About blunt weapons...there are very few really good ones out there. You can get a +1 mace at the Smithy in Beregost, or you can travel to the area south of High Hedge where there is this weird guy with lots of skeletons around him. Kill him and get his +2 Warhammer ( which does an extra +1 electrical damage) it is probably the best blunt weapon in the game! Hope this helps

~Without knowledge, life is a mere shadow of death~
Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 10:07 PM   #4
Demoquin
Dungeon Master

Wow i have to congratulate u on 3 hours of rolling. One question? Why get a 18 on con when 16 is the best for a Bard. I think i spent 40 minutes on that one. Umm do u think i should grab that weapon now or wait until i am higher in level. Also best MissileWeapon in the game that i can maybe find or not spend too much on?

------------------

I am Demoquin, Agent from Hell
Demoquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 06:17 AM   #5
Mage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I rolled an 18 for constitution because I wanted maximum hit points (8 per level, same as thief). If you only have 16 constitution, you get quite a few less hit points. About missile weapons...I could only recommend Light Crossbow of Speed or a +1 sling, both from Smithy in Beregost. I generally don't use them though, so I'm not an expert in that field.

Old 07-19-2001, 06:20 AM   #6
Mage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

***SPOILER***
Oh and about that Warhammer...it's not a hard thing to get, you should be able to do it if you are around level 3 or so. Another bonus is that if you kill the cleric that has it, you can take his holy symbol to the temple east of Beregost and the guy there will give you 5000gp!

Old 07-19-2001, 09:14 AM   #7
BigPoppa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

About that missile weapon, My kivan has a +2 composite longbow, but i am uncertain where i got it, but i know i had to kill a mean bitch to get it
BigPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote