Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-01-2004, 04:55 PM   #11
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgawr:
I had a weird thing happen with my computer on several occasions.

I always shut it down and turn it off but leave it plugged into the wall.
One evening i was just getting into the sack when it just randomly tuned itself on and booted up Windows.
Scared the shit out of me and my other half.
Did it on a couple of occasions then stopped.
Never did find out why.
They're heeeere. The poltergeists have you
Old 11-01-2004, 05:00 PM   #12
Grojlach
Zartan

Well, I've had several occasions when I happened to be in a different room than the one that holds the computer, during which some as of yet unexplanable and indiscribable sounds just popped out of my computer speakers (something like a llama during a mating ritual, I don't know). I'm not sure if there's such a thing as imagining sounds, but it certainly freaked me out at that point.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:04 PM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Well, I've had several occasions when I happened to be in a different room than the one that holds the computer, during which some as of yet unexplanable and indiscribable sounds just popped out of my computer speakers (something like a llama during a mating ritual, I don't know). I'm not sure if there's such a thing as imagining sounds, but it certainly freaked me out at that point.
That other room wouldn't happen to be the kitchen, would it ? I hear you're a lousy cook, so it might be a reaction of some components to the smell that's coming out of the kitchen.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:13 PM   #14
Sigmar
Unicorn

If my laptop were to turn on by itself and somehow play "that" image mentioned in the Britney Spears thread here on IW, I think I might literally have a heart attack, and be too afraid to get near a computer for the rest of my life.

*image still burned into his mind*
Old 11-01-2004, 05:22 PM   #15
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
That other room wouldn't happen to be the kitchen, would it ? I hear you're a lousy cook, so it might be a reaction of some components to the smell that's coming out of the kitchen.
Gah, I'm not a lousy cook, it's the pitiful excuse for a kitchen that I have that's keeping me from actually cooking something more challenging than potatoes.
It's basically a side-board with only two electric heating units, an oven and a micro-wave on it, that's pretty much it. No sink, no decent worktop, hardly any space to do anything... No wonder I tend to get somewhat sloppy when it comes to cooking. Guess we'll have to wait to improved living conditions before we'll really figure out if my cooking is worth squat.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:51 PM   #16
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
I gotta ask the obvious -- just how do you know what a llama during a mating ritual sounds like in the first place? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!