Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 08:04 PM   #141
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

well, I caved :/ went to doctor about an infection I have, and they cut it open, the good news is I get some pain killers to help me sleep, bad news is I have to go have a test run to find out if I am diabetic. this makes the fifth infection in a month
Old 06-22-2004, 09:05 PM   #142
Nerull
Lord Ao

Ouch, I hope not for your sake Stormy. I have friends that are diabetic and I see what they have to go through on a daily basis. Not fun.

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
Well, I've had a bear of a day today. First, it's storming bad in the morning when I have to walk to the bus stop (we're talking lightning streaking between the clouds above me as I'm walking). Then I get there, and the bus doesn't show up. Ten minutes after he was due, I start to walk to catch the connector, and I no more clear the shelter and start to walk than the biggest set of lightning bolts come crashing down in all directions around me, one hitting a tree only 30 yards away. Needless to say, I end up back under the shelter as quick as I can run. Twenty five minutes after the bus was due, he finally shows up (I ran over to a restaurant nearby to call work to tell them I would be late, and barely ran there in time to catch him). I barely get to my connector right before he left (I usually have a layover, but not today...). At least I got to work on time (I almost ended up pretty crispy around the edges, though).

Then, I get to work. We get an email right off the bat, stating that we are behind goal for the month, and we really need to push on collections. Then, the emails start coming in from my boss (a ton, all day). They are all accounts that were referred to her to work, since they were older, messed up accounts. She turns right around to "delegate" them to us, right after we get another email from her boss stating for us not to work the older accounts. And the thing is, all of them were very small balances (not one over $50.00 due), and I was having to stop working $10,000.00+ accounts to work the piddly garbage she was sending me. So here we are under pressure stating we aren't bring money in, and we are working accounts that won't bring anything in. And the worst part is, each of the emails were telling me what to do with them (i.e. write off for past filing deadline, etc.). Well, instead of wasting the time typing an email, why don't you motivate your lazy butt to just spend the 3 seconds it takes to enter the writeoff? I guess it's just proof that the incompetent people become middle managers. And then they wonder why there is no morale within the department. I almost hope that we don't meet goal, just to watch the heads roll at their level.
[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Sorry about that, I just needed to rant a bit there! I feel much better now. Really. Ignore the list on the wall titled "People I Plan to 'Take Out'" with my boss's name at the top... Oh well, at least the pay is decent...
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 06-22-2004, 09:40 PM   #143
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

wow nerull your day sucked, I know about the storms, we were having them just as bad here. it was 8 in the morning, and looked like it was turning night, and getting darker. still having a few here and there, but not as bad, hope things get better on your end..I also know people who are diabetics, and hope I am not, I see what they go through, and I can not live with out my daily fix of coffee and tea
Old 06-22-2004, 10:01 PM   #144
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Wow, guys, that sounds like a really crap day you two are having. Well, I hope it gets better! [img]smile.gif[/img] And hopefully your testing is all for nothing, Stormy!
Old 06-22-2004, 10:33 PM   #145
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I dare say DS, that was somewhat... cryptic.

But I'm going to guess that things could use some improving, and so I hope they do improve.

Rain? I love the rain, I could do with some more of it. It's the brush fires I can do without. I live near Florida's Sawgrass Expressway and the everglades on just the other side (the very edge of them yes but still the everglades) was sending up some rather disturbing columns of smoke. Just west of my Church's building no less.

[ 06-22-2004, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 06-22-2004, 10:44 PM   #146
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Well, I'm finally going to bed. i think I had a full enough day, posting at IW for probably a personal record! G'night all, going golfing, tomorrow! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2004, 12:36 AM   #147
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Nerull sounds like a bad at work. Sorry to hear that.

Stormy I am sure you are fine. At least I hope you are.

Well after ten hours of yard work the sod is down thank god. Now I must goto bed.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:44 AM   #148
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

ok so here goes, i don't think i've talked about my secret here yet....anyway... let's just say despite birth control there may yet be another morgie running around here. i am now four days late, and altho i haven't gotten a positive test yet, i'm going ot try again on monday.

i'm going to go insane.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #149
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

So I take it that you were on Birth control this is not good news.

I would love to have a big family. I would like 4 or more. I just can not get my wife to go along with the plan.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:14 PM   #150
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
So I take it that you were on Birth control this is not good news.

I would love to have a big family. I would like 4 or more. I just can not get my wife to go along with the plan.
I can't imagine why! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Perhaps she would be more willing if you adopt?