Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2002, 07:22 PM   #31
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I picture Horatio as looking like Jim Carrey.
That's how I pictured Johnny
Old 09-02-2002, 08:14 PM   #32
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
quote:
I picture Horatio as looking like Jim Carrey.
That's how I pictured Johnny [/QUOTE]How come i pictured you as a curly dude ?
Old 09-03-2002, 03:09 AM   #33
Melusine
Dracolisk

LOL, good idea for a thread! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Unfortunately, of most people I've known for a really long time what they looked like, so when I think of them, I have a mental image of their picture in my head. Wouldn't have a clue what I pictured them like before that, it's simply too long ago. Only thing I remember is that Memnoch was different from how I expected him, possibly because of the Genie sig [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Oh and Epona was a bit later than most of my other friends with getting her pic on Stealthy's so I do remember the time I didn't know what she looked like. Problem is, she was one of the few people of whom I could not get any imaginary pic at all, I just had no idea what she'd look like, LOL!
Old 09-03-2002, 04:25 AM   #34
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I remember that in the beginning I just didn´t.

In the beginning not everyone had a signature image, just a name and some had images in their signature.

I guess that I didn´t bother to imagine how people looked like, it felt pretty unimportant to me.

Later though, after a year or so on the post, subconsciously, I had a vauge mental image of some on this forum.

I had seen images of some of the people I first met in RL, but it felt weird meeting alot of people. Even with Stealthy´s, you are not prepaired for it. Having talked to someone for more than a year and then meeting them in real life, hehe, makes your mind boggle. And some of the photos can´t just make people justice!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 09-03-2002, 09:33 AM   #35
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Oh and Epona was a bit later than most of my other friends with getting her pic on Stealthy's so I do remember the time I didn't know what she looked like. Problem is, she was one of the few people of whom I could not get any imaginary pic at all, I just had no idea what she'd look like, LOL!
LOL, and now I've gone and had my hair cut since we met! Today someone who's known me for years walked past me in the street, they didn't recognise me until I said hello. Will post up new pictures soon, am intending to put up one of me with my new Vespa once it's delivered. You looked exactly as I imagined, but like you say, Stealthy's has been up so long it would be difficult to remember a time before I didn't know what people looked like!
Old 09-03-2002, 09:39 AM   #36
Melusine
Dracolisk

Did I? That's funny! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've seen the pics of your new hair, you didn't cut it any shorter did you? I really liked it in the pics! I know what you mean about people not recognising you though... I went from light blonde to raven black and back again in a period of about 6 years. Some of the people who only knew me with the black hair simply didn't recognise me anymore when I was a blonde again
Old 09-03-2002, 10:07 AM   #37
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Did I? That's funny! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've seen the pics of your new hair, you didn't cut it any shorter did you? I really liked it in the pics! I know what you mean about people not recognising you though... I went from light blonde to raven black and back again in a period of about 6 years. Some of the people who only knew me with the black hair simply didn't recognise me anymore when I was a blonde again
No shorter, but I am due for a trim cos it's growing at a rate of knots (no pun intended!) Unfortunately the pic I have is a bit dark, I really like it like this tho and have had lots of favourable comments, at least from the people that recognised me. People I don't see very often seem to have difficulty working out who I am, I say hello and get that non-committal smile in return.

Even tho I've seen the pics on Stealthy's, I really can't imagine you with black hair, I think I would have trouble recognising you!
Old 09-03-2002, 12:43 PM   #38
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
But, for some reason, I picture Horatio as looking like Jim Carrey.
You bastard. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I look nothing like Jim Carrey, or, in true lemming style, I woulda thrown myself off a tall thing by now.
Hehe, LB, what's wrong with blondes?
Old 09-03-2002, 12:46 PM   #39
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
quote:
But, for some reason, I picture Horatio as looking like Jim Carrey.
You bastard. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I look nothing like Jim Carrey, or, in true lemming style, I woulda thrown myself off a tall thing by now.
Hehe, LB, what's wrong with blondes?
[/QUOTE]Actually I agree, I keep thinking you look like Jim Carrey now