Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-21-2001, 01:11 PM   #1
onthepequod
Quintesson

In retrospect, there are a few things I have done with my pregnant wife that may not have been such a good idea. I share these for the edification of any future fathers as well as for any humor you may derive from these. The top five, in reverse order are:

5) When a pregnant wife asks you to get something for her, it is not the best idea to place it at her feet with the utmost of care. While you may find this humorous (since she can’t reach it), I can assure you, she does not.

4) Referring to a pregnant wife as a non-performing asset also falls into the poor idea category. For some reason she seems to take umbrage at this.

3) When your pregnant wife asks you to put her shoes on for her (and she will) it is not the best of ideas to finish the task by telling her she “is now shod.” I can attest, that any potential correlation to a horse (especially a Clydesdale) should be avoided at all costs.

2) During the last term of pregnancy, a wife has a tendency to waddle as she walks, due to the load she is carrying. At this point I would advise husbands from breaking out and using the duck call. This is definitely not as funny as it would first seem, not to mention the duck calling device has a tendency to lodge nicely in the back of ones throat if you are within arms reach of your wife.

1) When a pregnant wife complains about the size of her abdomen, trying to cheer he up by telling her; “nonsense, any trucker would be proud to have that belly,” should be avoided. While this may be intended as flattery, it apparently does not come across that way.

Old 05-21-2001, 01:14 PM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

im just sixteen, but i understand what youre saying

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe
Old 05-21-2001, 01:14 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
In retrospect, there are a few things I have done with my pregnant wife that may not have been such a good idea. I share these for the edification of any future fathers as well as for any humor you may derive from these. The top five, in reverse order are:

5) When a pregnant wife asks you to get something for her, it is not the best idea to place it at her feet with the utmost of care. While you may find this humorous (since she can’t reach it), I can assure you, she does not.

4) Referring to a pregnant wife as a non-performing asset also falls into the poor idea category. For some reason she seems to take umbrage at this.

3) When your pregnant wife asks you to put her shoes on for her (and she will) it is not the best of ideas to finish the task by telling her she “is now shod.” I can attest, that any potential correlation to a horse (especially a Clydesdale) should be avoided at all costs.

2) During the last term of pregnancy, a wife has a tendency to waddle as she walks, due to the load she is carrying. At this point I would advise husbands from breaking out and using the duck call. This is definitely not as funny as it would first seem, not to mention the duck calling device has a tendency to lodge nicely in the back of ones throat if you are within arms reach of your wife.

1) When a pregnant wife complains about the size of her abdomen, trying to cheer he up by telling her; “nonsense, any trucker would be proud to have that belly,” should be avoided. While this may be intended as flattery, it apparently does not come across that way.

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
My dreams lie shattered, my heart broken,
A casulty on a battlefield called love.
Old 05-21-2001, 02:47 PM   #4
bilqis2
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
In retrospect, there are a few things I have done with my pregnant wife that may not have been such a good idea. I share these for the edification of any future fathers as well as for any humor you may derive from these.
*A small crowd gathers in bilqis's office as she rolls on the floor laughing hysterically, many of the audience wondering what has finally made her crack and if the men in the white coats should be called to take her away.*

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

(Yes, I AM at work now hehe)
Old 05-21-2001, 03:43 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hehehe, Onthepequod! Thanks for the laugh. That was a good one!

Old 05-21-2001, 03:45 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It's probably a good idea not to go "beep beep beep" if she's backing up, either. I would imagine that would go over like a ton of bricks "OOPS! Sorry, Honey! OWWW!"

Old 05-21-2001, 04:02 PM   #7
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
im just sixteen, but i understand what youre saying

Someday Bahamut - you and me will be in those trousers and we'd wish we'd had a printed copy of this page

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 05-21-2001, 04:09 PM   #8
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
It's probably a good idea not to go "beep beep beep" if she's backing up, either. I would imagine that would go over like a ton of bricks "OOPS! Sorry, Honey! OWWW!"

Good point Saz.
Old 05-21-2001, 04:11 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

So true...so true...

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF
Old 05-21-2001, 04:13 PM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

"umm honey... please! dont get any larger! its yuck!"

i wonder if ou said that to your wife..