Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-28-2001, 03:47 PM   #1
Forzen-
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yesterday, i decideed that I had grown tired of playig badass evil all the time, and decided to try a "Good" party.
I though of having the following:
Keldorn, Anomen, Aerie, Valygar, Jan.
And then there is me... What the heck should I be??
I was thinking of something that is compitent with longswords.
But then i came to think about monks. I ahve never tried those... Are they any good??
Of course Playing a Cavalier would be fun as well... (I have never used Carosmyr before, exep when my theif got the "use everything thingy")
Gah, I cant decide, plz help. I need someone who fits in with the party
Old 11-28-2001, 04:20 PM   #2
Lothar

Well if your gonna be goody-goody try being a paladin! The Brady Bunch of all characters.

Old 11-28-2001, 04:52 PM   #3
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

From looking at your chosen characters I would recommend a mage. You have three competant fighters there already but no strong mage. Jan and Aerie both level up slowly and you will be a long time getting to those all important high level spells. My recommendation would be a mage or a sorcerer.

Plus I think they rock anyway...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-28-2001, 05:38 PM   #4
Nifft the Nimble

Hey Forzen!

Well you have a Paladin, 1.5 Clerics, 1 Mage and 0.5 Theives. In fights, you have 2.3 Tanks and 5 good Rangers, none of whom use the short bow. You could use more magic, a little more thievery and a short bowman.

Here are some good options:

1) Play as an Avenger or Totemic Druid. Summon massive elemental death. An Avenger is almost as good as a mage in many situations, since you get so many of the best mage spells: chromatic orb, chaos, improved invisibility, chain lightning and web. And early Fire Elementals cannot be overemphasized!

2) Sorcerer, Conjurer or Wild Mage. Self explanatory and quite fun.
3) Skald or Blade. Blade if you have ToB, otherwise Skald.
4) Swashbuckler or Bounty Hunter. Put every skill point into Pick Pockets and Set Traps, then dual to Mage ASAP. Consider waiting until after Irenicus' dungeon to dual, since it's great to have a highly skilled pick pocketer in the Promenade. Go charge those wands and then re-dedicate yourself to magic.

-- Nifft