Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2001, 11:28 AM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Hey Memnoch, any chance of getting a look at the stats for a Giant Space Hamster, or his miniature cousin, if they've actually been printed anywhere...
Old 11-13-2001, 02:47 PM   #2
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Hm, unfortunatly my Montrous compendium is out of reach at the moment. But the stats of the giant space hamster are in the spelljammer extension of the 2nd Edition AD&D. They are used by spacefaring gnomes to propel their ships. In one of the Spelljammer Novels in some gnome star base the hamsters break free and wreak havoc on the base
Old 11-13-2001, 02:51 PM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

ooh ooh, what's the book called, I will have to make a trip to the used bookstore
Old 11-13-2001, 03:22 PM   #4
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

I am at my girl friends home at the moment, so I don´t know all titles of the books. But when I´m in my place again I will post the titles. There are 6 Spelljammer novels.

This are the ones I can remember:

1. Behind the moons
2. Into the void
- The radient Dragon
- The broken sphere
The other 2 are ot of my memory at the moment.

Anyway, if you want discuss more about Ad&D Novels, rpg and Spelljammer, just ICQ me...
Old 11-14-2001, 04:56 PM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Anyone find the stats????
Old 11-14-2001, 05:43 PM   #6
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Okay, heres the third edition stats
Giant space Hamster
Hit Dice: 4d8+12(30hp)
Initiative: +1(dex)
Speed: 20ft burrow 10ft
Ac: 12(-1 size,+1 dex,+2 natural)
Attacks: Bite +7 melee
Damage: Bite 1d6+6
Face/Reach: 5ft by 10ft/5ft
Special Attacks: improved grab, cheek Pouch
Special Qualities: immune to disease, low light vision
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 1, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills:climb +7, listen +4, spot +3
Feats: Endurance
Climate/terrain: Temperate hills and plains
Organization: small pack (1d4 adults, encounters of two or less will be all female, encounters of 3 will be two females one male, while encounters of 4 will be two of each, 20% chance per adult female that 1d4 young are present and 20% per adult female that 1d4 juveniles are present.)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: none
Alignment: always neutral
Advancement: 5-8 HD(large), 9-12 HD (Huge)
Giant space hamsters are exactly what they sound like- cute, brown bear-sized rodents with thick fur. Giant space hamsters are found in a variety of colours, but are usually golden brown with white underbellies, bands and spots. They are well muscled though they appear to be fat. A Giant space hamster can hold 200 pounds of food in its cheeks.
Like their tiny anscestors, giant space hamsters enjoy all sorts of green vegetables,fruits,nuts,grain and water. They sometimes eat raw or cooked meat; wild giant space hamsters especially enjoy giant insects.
COMBAT
giant space hamsters normally only have one type of attack- a nasty bite. They avoid even this on most occasions, as domestic breeds are quite cowardly.
However, wild breeds are more agressive, and they briefly charge at anyone who approaches a burrow. Domesticated females who are protecting their litter mat also attack.
Improved Grab(ex): To use this ability a giant space hamster must hit with its bite attack. If succesful, it mat stuff a foe in its cheek pouch.
Cheek Pouch(ex): A trapped foe can escape by making a succesful strebgth check(dc16) or cby dealing 5 points of damage to the hamsters cheek. A trapped foe can only attack with a tiny slashing or pircing weapon, and then only if it was on hand when the foe was stuffed in the cheek pouch.
Immune to Disease(ex): Giant space hamsters are immune to all magical and non magical diseases.
Old 11-14-2001, 05:46 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx Draggor
Old 11-14-2001, 05:55 PM   #8
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

not a prob.