Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-29-2001, 08:00 PM   #11
daeomer
Manshoon

I am glad to hear that you decided to take Cernd too! I think that he fits in with the party that you mentioned earlier and that he offers a different way of playing the game than most people get. I agree that you should get ToB if you can. It will make the game that much better.
You really can do without Jaheira!
Old 10-29-2001, 08:06 PM   #12
SecretMaster
Apophis

Cernd was horrible for me! For some odd reason, i used him right, and when he transformed into a greater wolfwere, then became human, his INTELLIGENCE was 3!! Wut the f*** happened!!!!! I was really pist. He can't cast decent spells, his AC suks, and u spend like 30000 gold on protection for a frikin crapy druid!

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 10-29-2001, 09:28 PM   #13
Ares

For me, Cernd sucked becuase i couldnt resurrect him when the shadowdragon killed him...but then Jaheira left so i was fu**cked either way...oh well, Aerie took over their spots by herself.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:34 PM   #14
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

I liked Cernd with him having the high spells, nice werewolf, and a few others. THe reason why i switched to Jaheira was because she was actually able to cast spells (Cernd in wereform couldn't)
Old 10-30-2001, 02:55 AM   #15
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Don't listen to him! I am a minority but I quite like Cernd. In Werewolf mode (especially Greater Werewolf mode) he kicks some serious arse. And he is a better spell caster. Plus he comes out with some of the weirdest stuff...

[BTW didn't you mention recently that Cernd can also singlehandedly take out Mind Flayer lairs?!]
Old 10-30-2001, 04:14 AM   #16
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

That's another reason for his serious coolness. He has very low saving throws so in Greater Werewolf mode he can become the perfect Mind Flayer killer. I used him pretty much by himself. To speed things up a bit you can have some party members piling in missile weapons but then they might get Psionic Blasted...

------------------
Life is like a piece of cheese. Mice only enjoy it in cartoons and it is better with toast.
Old 10-30-2001, 05:05 AM   #17
Yohan Marischal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dunno about Cernd in the game.....I swapped him out to put Jaheira back in...

But the main thing about Jaheira is that

1. Romance thing!
2. In a role-playing aspect, if she was with ya in BG and then at the start of SoA...wouldn't she be a close comrade?

Just my thoughts guys......what do you think?
Old 10-30-2001, 05:11 AM   #18
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

God you are really just making things more difficult. I appreciate the response though. I think ill give him a blast as my party is evil and it will be cool to have a wearwolf in my party. I never put jahera into fights as my 2 tanks do the job just fine. My party by the way is.

Me Fighter
Korgan
Jahera - Cernd
Viconnia
Jan
Edwin.

So if ya think im making a bad move then say so.

Thanks V Much.

------------------
Im watching U

Old 10-30-2001, 09:58 AM   #19
daeomer
Manshoon

Just one last note against those saying to take Jaheira 1)one person mentioned romance.... you have Viconia for that 2) If you are evil then 'close' friendships from BG don't really matter all that much. Glad to see you bucked the trend with old Cernd-y!