Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2004, 11:42 AM   #1
newander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have this problem with nickademus as I try to wake him up by pressing on his closet the game crashes.

so I thought I could spawn him instead with the console, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I typed: ctrlaltdelete:createcreature("41NICK")

but it says "command not found : createcreature"

anybody know what to type correctly?
Old 06-21-2004, 11:21 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, trying to recreate him when he's already there isn't a wise move. Nick will wake up on his own if you just hang out in his room for awhile. He's got some minor stuff in his closet; no big deal if you can't get to it.

However, it's strange that the game should crash when you touch the closet. Never heard of that happening before.

Anyway, just try standing there for awhile and see if he wakes up.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:18 PM   #3
newander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

okay but I thought more of like spawning him in another room or something.

now it seems I can't even walk in to the room to the point where I can see him lieing on the bed, because it crashes directly and it says something about an assertion error..

damnit I can't continue without solving this, can I?
Old 06-21-2004, 06:20 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Not good; sounds like something may have become corrupted in the game. Try going back to an earlier save and seeing if that helps.

Nicky is an optional matter in the game. He can give you help in return for a favor later on. However, you can skip all that, as it isn't part of the main story line. If the game continues to crash in that room and you can't get around it, then just forget about him and go on with the game.

Nightowl2
Old 06-22-2004, 10:25 AM   #5
d3fton3s
Elite Waterdeep Guard

K..
Here's another answer..
1st - If your game isn't updated, download the update for the game..
2nd guess - as Nightowl said, the save file might be currupted.. An earlier save point which is close to your current position would work right..

I had a pretty similar prbolem, but the problem was for some reason in another save file..
So the 3rd and last guess will be that u shouldremove the save file from the libery.. just cut&paste elsewhere untill u find the currupted file/s..

Hope this works for u, GL forwords
d3fton3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:07 PM   #6
newander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

tried all of your solutions but to no gain unfortunatly

so what exactly am I missing out on here, by not get a chance to talk to nickademus?
Old 06-23-2004, 11:12 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Bummer that you couldn't get around the problem; hope it won't affect anything else later in the game.

Nicky can give you the items in his closet (not such hot stuff), he can help you with some questions about the temple, or he can give you experience points.

However, later he calls in his favor (his help doesn't come free), teleporting you back to the temple where you have to track down and kill a bunch of demons he stupidly summoned. A very boring exercise.

Nightowl2
Old 06-24-2004, 08:11 AM   #8
d3fton3s
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In addition to what Nightowl said - ***SPOILER***

d3fton3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:08 PM   #9
Classic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I didn't even fight him and it didn't seem to effect the game