Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2002, 10:32 PM   #1
Caramon Majeure
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've just started BG2 with my carry over chaotic good fighter from BG1 - lvl.7 and was wondering who I should take into my party, I like to have at least one mage, one cleric and one thief. Any recommendations, as well I like to keep my party all on the good or neutral side to stay with my alignment.
Caramon Majeure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 10:48 PM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

well you have lotsa a choices. do you want to powergame or roleplay?
Old 10-21-2002, 10:52 PM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Some general tips (I am assuming this is your first time with BG2):

1. When you start the game in the beginning dungeon, you will meet up with 3 NPCs from BG1. Take them into your party. You will have a tank, a cleric (a druid, actually, but she has healing spells) and a mage/thief. This will serve you adequately for the first chapter.

2. You will get a chance to meet another NPC (a thief) at the 2nd level of the starting dungeon). You may not wish to take him in, but I suggest from a RP perspective you should. You'll find out why when you emerge from the dungeon.

From there, just follow your instincts...
Old 10-21-2002, 11:11 PM   #4
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

immediately out of the first dungeon you can go to the copper coronet in the slums and pick up anomen(cleric/fighter), nalia(thief/mage, crappy thief), korgan, in the goverment district you can get Jan jansen(multi thief/mage) and viconia(cleric)
Old 10-21-2002, 11:30 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

If your a good party, try to stick to good char to have a non-quarreling party. Try to stick around these guidlines, they help
1 mage
1 healer
1 thief (thief can count as firepower)
2 tanks

I like to have Me (paladin) Keldorn Firecam (paladin) Imoen Mage/Thief, Nalia Mage/Thief, Anomen(Fighter/Cleric), and Minsc(ranger). I have lots raw melee fight capabilitees, and 2 mages is more than enough. Anomen is a great fighter, and an even better cleric. Note that Anomen is now a Cleric, Dualed from a fighter, and Nalia is a Mage, dualed from a thief. Imoen is the same as Nalia. I have no probs with this party, but experiment. [img]smile.gif[/img]
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 12:32 AM   #6
Caramon Majeure
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well you're sort of right with my first time through...I was up to

---spoiler---

trying to find the hand in the maze...when my comp crashed and I lost everything, then I was just going through it to beat, now I'm trying to go from an RPG point of view.
Caramon Majeure is offline   Reply With Quote