Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2002, 11:47 AM   #31
norompanlasolas

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Whatever happened to Lord_Gabriel? He posted some stuff in a forthright manner and got flamed a bit, now where did he go? It happens quite a lot I think, but because the people in question aren't here for long us regulars don't notice it as much.

guess he left when the forum closed down because of the server thingy. after that the war forum wasnt active any more, and he only seemed to post there.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:55 AM   #32
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I am lucky, like Harkoliar that this was my first time and it was great... we are both lucky... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have also been out there at other forums, and they seem to be nice too for some reason... but then there i see more idiotic answers, flaming and spamming...
Old 02-12-2002, 06:31 PM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Why? It's simple, SOME people think they are 'hot shit' just because they are 'regulars' or have tons of posts, and this seems to be the ONLY thing in their life they have, so they must strut around acting like they are cool and know -EVERYTHING- . In most cases, this is very wrong.

We don't have that here, all of our regulars and even NON-regulars are extremely nice to new users, and go the extra mile to help them. That is why I think we get so many new users--word spreads around that 'you can ask a question without feeling you're going to be attacked'.. Now I HAVE caught a few people since the forum was founded, but those people were either warned HARSHLY or banned. We just won't tolerate that sadistic attitude here.

So if any New users are reading this, JOIN in on discussions!! We'd love to hear from you!! The more the better!

Just had to say that.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EXACTLY!!! I remember lurking for a while and seeing that people did help if a question was asked and I jumped in with both feet. Something I later found that a lot of new members don't do, they lurk but don't post or only a little. One day it hit me, INVITE THEM to post! Tell 'em we're waiting to be nice to them! And the Welcome Wagon was born. Ironworks has always welcomed it's new members, we just got very outgoing about it on this new board.

The friendly way all the members, new and old, are treated is one of our hallmarks here at IW and I'm proud to be a member here! New members may need help navigating or may be 'new' to the games they need help with but as far as being part of our community, they are as much so as any of us 'old timers' are! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now that's not to say some people don't breeze in with chips on their shoulders from bad experiences elsewhere but they learn quickly that nobody will bite their heads off if the ask questions and are polite! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy
Old 02-12-2002, 07:07 PM   #34
Lucre
Elminster

You know i think that "newbie" bashers have got the phrase "Respect your elders" stucck in their heads.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:35 PM   #35
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

one thing i have noticed that helps us, is that ironworks is not affiliated with any major company. forums that are owned and/or operated by actual game manufacturors seem to be the worst in my opinion.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:53 PM   #36
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think we have to remember that we were all newbies once.

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: Reeka ]

<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 02-12-2002, 08:59 PM   #37
Lucre
Elminster

I just found an example of "newbie" bashing in a Diablo 2 Forum all because they made a simple spelling error:

"In Reply To #1
omg u ****ing dumba$$ no **** you cant kill. GO BACK TO NORM ACT 1 WHERE YOU BELONG. or ATLEAST leech the rest of your way through hell and leech off of cows. i can guarantee you at least 5 lvls each run. dumba$$ you cant use any good throwing weapons at lvl 5 anyway. argh newbs..."
[img]redface.gif[/img] Shocking!
Old 02-12-2002, 09:13 PM   #38
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Ohhh, I don't want to know what this person from the Diablo2 forum has for problems in real live. Maybe the forum is the only place in the his world where he can show that he is superior...
Old 02-13-2002, 06:08 AM   #39
Heqakheperre Shoshenq II
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I hope no-one bashes this newbie, 'cos I'm likely ta fall apart!

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: Heqakheperre Shoshenq II ]

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: Heqakheperre Shoshenq II ]

Old 02-13-2002, 06:14 AM   #40
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Heqakheperre Shoshenq II:
Well, I hope no-one bashes this newbie, 'cos I'm likely ta fall apart!

Aaarg!!! bash! bash! bash!!!

Welcome, and enjoy [img]tongue.gif[/img]