Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 08:17 PM   #21
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

One of the things that was good about 3do's Might & Magic series was that you had specific 'evil' quests to do as well as some evil-modified 'good' quests - specially in Might & MAgic 8. M&M9 comes out (hopefully!) in December!
I have never played evil in BG (and only once in M&M) - I feel too uncomfortable with it!

------------------

Old 05-21-2001, 10:31 PM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Um. English is not his native language. Give him a break!

I'm not talking about how he structures his sentences, Fljotsdale. People can make all typos and misspell all their words, I don't care about that. I'm talking about posts like this:

Quote:
just rambling obut a line on icewinddale broder poqulin sad it ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I've seen a lot of examples on other threads, too. This is spam and it WILL stop.

------------------
Old 05-22-2001, 02:34 AM   #23
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas the Elven Archer:
What's that talk about being an evil ranger? Rangers can only be of Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic Good alignment. You could use Shadowkeeper or something like that to change that, but you'd still be a fallen ranger when yur reputation takes a nosedive. Not such a good idea now, is it

One of the problems I had with being evil was the way I felt I had to react to people made me feel somewhat guilty, not unlike Raze. Following the evil path means you have to be rude. The kind of evil where you pretend to be kind to people in order to rob them of their riches is almost absent in the game, which is a shame, as that would probably make me feel less guilty (and it would be more fun too!).
Yeah i just figured that out just then. And I know what you guys mean by doing things agains your nature. I dont think i could do some of the evil things.
SPOILER
>
>
>
I don't think i will be able to bring myself to dob in that guy imprisoned in the copper coronet. Hmmmm do you still get the discounts from the fat guy? Well at least you can become the slayer without worrying about the whole reputation drop.

Before i go i want to know if something is normal. I had just got my slayer change ability at the inn and when i woke up a few other abilities i had had gone!(it might have happened earlier but i noticed it then) These were heal minor wounds and slow poison. I was playing as paladin and these two abilities dissapeared. Now i thought this a bad thing because slow poison had been useful. My first thought was that the game had a bug or something. Then i thought about it and wondered if it had something to do with the whole "stealing of the divine soul" thing. Maybe those had been your powers for being bhaals child or something? Well then i was looking for some cool special abilities in shadowkeeper when i stumbled across an ability called "bhaal powers". Well this gave more hope to my theory. Can anyone confirm what has happened?

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-22-2001, 02:56 AM   #24
Gimmick
Dungeon Master

If you wish to play the game as a truly evil character, prepare to be disappointed. The designers put little effort into making the game playable as an evil party, and it is definitely less rewarding when it comes to experience and items.

Of the NPC's that can join your party, only 3 of 16 are evil, and most of the "neutral" NPC's behave like good aligned characters.

If you attack the guarded slaver compound, you walk out with celestrial fury, nice armor, multiple quality helms, potions, and other goodies. However, if you are evil, and piss off the Radiant Heart, you get squat when you whipe out their compound.
Old 05-22-2001, 03:43 AM   #25
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

You would think those big tough paladins could take out a single pit fiend tsk tsk.

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 05:41 AM   #26
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Still, it is a nice change of pace to play as an evil party; especially after playing a good aligned one. It is much more difficult at first. You do get less gold, less special items, and less exp. Although, as you get stronger you can start cashing in on the Amnish Soldier/Cowled Wizard groups that keep attacking you.

With my evil party, I adopted the "take no sh*t" attitude. An NPC begins t0 annoy you?

Jaheira: "Hmm. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. We must strive to maintain balance."

Edwin: casts Flesh to Stone - Jaheira

Jaheira: petrify
Old 05-23-2001, 07:02 AM   #27
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

LOL. I never liked her. Even in my good party. Still i thought a Emotion:Hopelessness spell would have been funny:

Jaheira: We must strive to maintain balance.

Edwin: Emotion:Hopelessness spell

Jaheira: We must strive to...... oh i give up, just kill me now oh powerful edwin. I lay down to die.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>