Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-25-2002, 06:53 AM   #11
Manwe
Manshoon

Yeah, i have decided to solo a priest of helm, i've just killed those adventurers in Den of Seven Vales on the 2nd floor... It was a difficult fight. Thanks to 'Holy Power' and 'seeking sword' i managed to kill them... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 08:49 AM   #12
Anarion

why do people alter the difficulty? at core diffucalty its a 'by the rules game' all other levels are altering the rules in effect!
Old 01-25-2002, 01:49 PM   #13
Nifft the Nimble

In my humble opinion a Sorcerer or some kind of Thief will provide you with the most fun. A multi-class gnome Illusionist/Thief will be loads of fun, too.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 02:20 PM   #14
Lucre
Elminster

I started soloing with a shapeshifter - they need high strength and dex and con as well as charisma. I gave up because i have a horrible tendency to give up and start again.
Lucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 06:43 PM   #15
Big Red
Dungeon Master

IMO a solo Cleric/Mage is a pretty good class (or maybe it's too easy). The choice of weapons is a bit limited, but that didnt stop me clearing out Nalia's castle including golems in less than a day - slept just before it and finished with about 5 spare cleric spells.
Didnt even need to drink any healing potions

(Started it on lvl 14/13, finished on 15/14)
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 12:46 AM   #16
PeeWee
Manshoon

I'm still new to the whole solo idea here. Mind telling me how this works? I'm barely making it thru the regular campaigne with all the npc help. When you solo, do you need to finish certain quests to progress thru the story? How can one pick off packs of monsters and enemies safely? Can you sort of zone out to safety when it gets bad?

Do you simply start up a multiplayer game and create one character and start from there?

I play on core since I believe that's the only way to go.
Mages seem to be really great in handling the most diverse of situations.

Thanks for any info.

PeeWee
*ogre rogue gone wrong*
Old 01-26-2002, 12:54 AM   #17
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by PeeWee:
I'm still new to the whole solo idea here. Mind telling me how this works? I'm barely making it thru the regular campaigne with all the npc help. When you solo, do you need to finish certain quests to progress thru the story? How can one pick off packs of monsters and enemies safely? Can you sort of zone out to safety when it gets bad?

Do you simply start up a multiplayer game and create one character and start from there?

To solo you just start a single player game and don't pick up any NPCs ever (except to do a couple of specific quests). It does take more skill, especially if you are playing a more limited class like a wizard slayer or something. However there are advantages too since you level up much quicker so have more options (eg spells), and if you have ToB installed, high level abilities come really early. It's exactly the same as a normal game, do any sub-quests you want, just do them alone
Old 01-26-2002, 06:08 PM   #18
BlackJack21
The Magister

Ok i have another question here. I am soloing as a cavalier and I have a THACO of -8. I t still takes me 3 or 4 swings to even hit a goblin sometimes. Why is that?
BlackJack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 06:22 PM   #19
Eledenil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Could someone explain to me how experience points are given to the characters? are they divided evenly between everyone?
Eledenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 06:34 PM   #20
BlackJack21
The Magister

Could someone explain to me how experience points are given to the characters? are they divided evenly between everyone?

quote:

\

Yes I beleive they are divide evenly between everyone
BlackJack21 is offline   Reply With Quote